Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monk called Special Head sort of Levitates on X Factor!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    ok but even if he is sitting on that thing then how does his weight not tumble him over? the stage can be rigged but in that one pic the dude in out on the street........tell me how??
    Why would he need a stick if he could levitate

Comment

His stick looks like it's connected to something under the rug. You can see it pop out when the firework distraction goes off. Also, when he puts it up, you can see he tilts it into an exact spot.

It's obvious he has something in his sleeves. You can tell by the way he doesn't flex his arm. It's probably a steel frame around his arm that locks into place, connected to a body frame under his robes.

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
      Sigh. Here's how it's done

That's not it, he's clearly not sitting on anything, and there's nothing connected to the stick but his arm.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        No hole in the stage, the cane is a part of the rug or the rug is hiding the base.

He never actually picks up or lifts up the cane off the ground, he just stands it up then the camera cuts away.

Notice he never bends or uses his left arm, in fact his hand is almost hidden in the sleeve the entire time.
        Yeah, I did notice his arm being very stiff and he was walking funny as well. I'm sure the seat is hindering his walking. I also noticed that when he picked his feet up, you can clearly see the cane bearing the weight as it kind of wobbles.

I'm still curious to see what is under the rug and how far the cane actually sinks in to support the weight. Seems there would be a lot of leverage being put on a small portion of the cane. It would be funny as hell if the god damn thing broke and he fell on his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          Yeah, I did notice his arm being very stiff and he was walking funny as well. I'm sure the seat is hindering his walking. I also noticed that when he picked his feet up, you can clearly see the cane bearing the weight as it kind of wobbles.

I'm still curious to see what is under the rug and how far the cane actually sinks in to support the weight. Seems there would be a lot of leverage being put on a small portion of the cane. It would be funny as hell if the god damn thing broke and he fell on his ass.
          Yup, I think he figure out a way to make it a 2 piece contraption, with the seating area attached to him. Which explains why he's so stiff when he walks and he never bends his left arm.

Once he lifts up the cane, you see him switch it from his right hand to the left hand and then the camera cuts away.

This must be when he attaches the cane to the seating contraption.

Then you see him lift up a bit on his toes, that's when he actually sits on the seat. Once he's securely on, all he has to do is lift his legs.

Comment

Special Head? More like Special Needs.

What a tart.

Comment

Look at people being so quick to show their cynicism about the trick, as if everybody else is thinking "Whoa, he must be MAGIC!"

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Look at people being so quick to show their cynicism about the trick, as if everybody else is thinking "Whoa, he must be MAGIC!"
                Well what the hell are we supposed to talk about, ****?

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                  Well what the hell are we supposed to talk about, ****?

I'm fine with revealing the trick, I mean I have an interest in magic, and this guy had a decent schtick going. I knew how the levitation trick worked as well, but he did it well and I appreciated his craft.

It's more the "Pah, he's a fraud" reaction. Of course he's a fraud! He's doing a stage illusion!

Comment

Sometimes it's better to appreciate than speculate.

It's like a card trick, someone may do a trick you know, but their slight of hand may be awesome. Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      The way he did it was a little different from the way most of them Indian dudes do it so I was trying to figure it out.

And if you think that no one on this forum is dumb enough to believe this is real....

Comment

Working...
                      X