No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Advisor: UFC not sport, no skill involved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
    The ground game involves incredible skill from various forms of martial arts, the stand up - not so much.
    theres a lot of guys in mma with great stand up boxing skills... the myth about mma not being good at stand up is what it is... a MYTH!!

Comment

God I hate boxing extremist who can't appreciate MMA. To say that MMA doesn't take skills is just absurd. I'm a huge boxing fan who prefers boxing over MMA but I still respect and acknowledge MMA as a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsoup View Post
        OK I'm a fan of MMA and respect the ground game of those fighters, but this is hilarious!!!!!

Wow that is hilarious lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
          I do not know why there is always threads like this I am a Boxing fan and only a boxing fan I do not like mma or any other type of fighting but that does not mean I do not respect it or think it is inferior to Boxing. I dont like mma so I dont talk about it or support it.

Is it wrong or insecure for me to think that Wing Chun is useless in Combat Sports?

Comment

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
            Boxing, Kick Boxing, Mauy Thai..... Traditional Martial Arts striking arts such as Wing Chun does not work in MMA....

You can be creative and and try different technniques that are unconventional and unorthodox....

But really MMA striking is consisted of those three areas..... Only guys iv'e seen that use traditional MA style to MMA in are Lyoto Machida and Cung Le...
            Key word - ground game..?

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker89 View Post
              yah go tell that to Anderson Silva

Always a good apple in the bunch... most of them have terrible striking bar a few.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                theres way more skills involved in mma compare to boxing... in mma u have to master the ground game, take down, take down defense, your kicks, your stand up, etc.. as compare to boxing where its all stand up u dont have to worry about getting taken down. choked out, etc....
                I hope you're joking, if you've ever laced up gloves you'll the sweet boxing science is incredibly hard. Stand up in boxing is light years away compared to the world of MMA. And I bet some of those boxers would like to be taken down after a fierce barrage of punches thrown at their faces, but no you get a count for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                  I hope you're joking, if you've ever laced up gloves you'll the sweet boxing science is incredibly hard. Stand up in boxing is light years away compared to the world of MMA. And I bet some of those boxers would like to be taken down after a fierce barrage of punches thrown at their faces, but no you get a count for that.
                  MMA Boxing and Pure Boxing is apples and oranges...

But to your other statement theres other guys that have had Extensive Professional Boxing Matches and entered in MMA as well as guys that have had won Golden Gloves Tounamnets, Amueter Boxign Matches etc...

Comment

Why do people have to only like one and bash the other? I don't get it, I'm a boxing guy straight up but I'll definitely catch a good MMA card anytime.

If that no name clown thinks MMA requires no skill he should check out Anderson Silva, GSP, Jon Jones, Fedor, and the bunch of other talent fighting in MMA.

Comment

I love boxing but to say that MMA don't have skills that is absolutely ludacris. Those guys have mad skills and I will watch it also if there is a good card. But I don't find it very exciting and I will not pay for a PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X