This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Forknowledge isn't predestination and just because we can't understand God, doesn't make Him non-existent.
    I never stated that not believing equates to no god. Not even close.

I only have asked u questions that relate to ur faith. U site the bible as evidence but mere belief on the basis of evidence is not faith.
    U say it is not a selfish faith yet the desire for things dominates the application of faith.
    Things such as a sense of security, happines, love, justice, or simply belonging. Many people feel they need a purpose to their lives greater than the one set out by our world or society (like the hording of money and material possessions).

If it is not desire for a personal, spiritual gain, then it is a learnt faith. Through religion adopted from your culture and enviroment. A faith installed through religion, based on the principle that to question ur faith or doubt it is
    to be commiting sin against God, and punishable by eternal damnation.

U cannot preach to others to believe in what u do. When u cannot explain to them why u are right. Or for that matter, that God is right.

God is enlightenment through knowldge and understanding, which we can get through questioning and thinking with an honest heart. If ur only concern is for ur own beliefs than u have a very self gratifying narrow concept of God.
    Last edited by The Noose; 12-03-2007, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
      I never stated that not believing equates to no god. Not even close.

I only have asked u questions that relate to ur faith. U site the bible as evidence but mere belief on the basis of evidence is not faith.
      U say it is not a selfish faith yet the desire for things dominates the application of faith.
      Things such as a sense of security, happines, love, justice, or simply belonging. Many people feel they need a purpose to their lives greater than the one set out by our world or society (like the hording of money and material possessions).

If it is not desire for a personal, spiritual gain, then it is a learnt faith. Through religion adopted from your culture and enviroment. A faith installed through religion, based on the principle that to question ur faith or doubt it is
      to be commiting sin against God, and punishable by eternal damnation.

U cannot preach to others to believe in what u do. When u cannot explain to them why u are right. Or for that matter, that God is right.

God is enlightenment through knowldge and understanding, which we can get through questioning and thinking with an honest heart. If ur only concern is for ur own beliefs than u have a very self gratifying narrow concept of God.
      you are right on the point. You cant preach people to do something if they dont want to do.

The best way of convincing some people is by actions. Islam didnt reach Inodnesia or any other country by preaching it was by action

Comment

• Originally posted by DancinDestroyer View Post

Nothing can create itself.
        There had to have been a creator.
        Just like all of us, The trees, the Roads, the computer your typin on. EVERYTHING!

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
        Again that just poses more questions than at answers. If nothing can create itself then who created the creator?

Why do people always get the Cosmological argument wrong?
        Last edited by res; 12-03-2007, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
          well you know it is'nt a boxing forum then
          No I don't know that.

Comment

• I Was The 1,000,000 User To Enter Woooot

WOOOT WOOOT WOOOT MAYWEATHER GONNA WIN

Comment

• Originally posted by yuyu505 View Post
              WOOOT WOOOT WOOOT MAYWEATHER GONNA WIN
              He's going to have to apply the right gameplan and stick to it otherwise...he's going to have problems

Comment

• Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                you are right on the point. You cant preach people to do something if they dont want to do.

The best way of convincing some people is by actions. Islam didnt reach Inodnesia or any other country by preaching it was by action
                It was spread by action alright. They murdered anyone who wouldn't convert. Christianity is spread by persuasion, not murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
                  It was spread by action alright. They murdered anyone who wouldn't convert. Christianity is spread by persuasion, not murder.
                  What about the Christian crusades?

Werent hundreds of thousands of people killed?

Comment

• Originally posted by DancinDestroyer View Post
                    God may Know what your thoughts and actions will be bobby, but he is not Controlling them...
                    So it is infact Our own Freewill which chooses our destiny..
                    Freewill means u are free to choose ur own path. If God knows the path u will take then are not all other options illusionary? Like a door painted on a wall. For u can only possibly take one path, and God knows which it is.
                    There really is no choice. Or free will.

And according to scripture, Mankind was created to be faultless and free from sin and pain and suffering and torture. And according to scripture it was our wrongdoing through Adam that eventuated in the loss of these graces which thus forced upon us what is known as Original sin. Which Brought forth the Son of God (the second Adam) to redeem mankind from the stranglehold of sin.

We were not suppossed to be an imperfect vehicle at all..
                    If we were perfect we wouldnt choose or be capable of choosing somtning 'wrong'. Its like we say "we are only human" to explain a mistake we have made. A perfect being surley doent make mistakes.

This too Shall be my final say in this thread, so ill just leave by saying that i believe wholeheartedly that the bible represents the truth and way of life of Jesus Christ. People may choose to acknowledge that or not..

However, Another way of looking at it how do we know a Julius Caesar once lived or a Thomas Edison or a Michelangelo? Through books & passing on information from generation to generation we believe it to be true. How is the bible any different?
                    Beleif in Michelangelo doesnt come with the threat of eternal damnation. It is the justification of such punishment without crime that puzzles me. It seems to go against all rational and intelligence.

In the end we can come up with a 1000 reasons if God exists or not it's up to the individual who chooses to believe. "Blessed are those who have not seen me and have believed".
                    [/QUOTE]
                    And to hell with the rest! lol.
                    Last edited by The Noose; 12-06-2007, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
                      Freewill means u are free to choose ur own path. If God knows the path u will take then are not all other options illusionary? Like a door painted on a wall. For u can only possibly take one path, and God knows which it is.
                      There really is no choice. Or free will.

If we were perfect we wouldnt choose or be capable of choosing somtning 'wrong'. Its like we say "we are only human" to explain a mistake we have made. A perfect being surley doent make mistakes.

Beleif in Michelangelo doesnt come with the threat of eternal damnation. It is the justification of such punishment without crime that puzzles me. It seems to go against all rational and intelligence.

And to hell with the rest! lol. [/QUOTE]

God knows with a high probability what path u will take in life, but the final decision is up to u.

michelangelo was just another man, what would it matter if u believed in him or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X