Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forknowledge isn't predestination and just because we can't understand God, doesn't make Him non-existent.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
      Forknowledge isn't predestination and just because we can't understand God, doesn't make Him non-existent.
      Do you think that my afterlife can be salvaged if I truly give myself up to my Lord Saviour?

I was praying to get into college and then I realized that God would probably call me a hypocrite for only believeing in him when I need him. I mean, it's not like I don't want to believe, you know? Of course you want to know that there is an afterlife ahead of you. It's just that my conscience won't bring me to accept it. I wonder if there is just a slight, slight miracle that could happen to me in my life. Because that's all Id need. And I'd be a believer. But I have no faith- which I know is a sin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaynan View Post
        Do you think that my afterlife can be salvaged if I truly give myself up to my Lord Saviour?

I was praying to get into college and then I realized that God would probably call me a hypocrite for only believeing in him when I need him. I mean, it's not like I don't want to believe, you know? Of course you want to know that there is an afterlife ahead of you. It's just that my conscience won't bring me to accept it. I wonder if there is just a slight, slight miracle that could happen to me in my life. Because that's all Id need. And I'd be a believer. But I have no faith- which I know is a sin.
        Sub-consciously you do believe in god otherwise you wouldn't think its a sin to have no faith

Comment

• Originally posted by Pico Hollywood View Post
          Sub-consciously you do believe in god otherwise you wouldn't think its a sin to have no faith
          I don't think that it's a sin- I was just saying that I think it's considered a sin by the rules of religion, not the rules of God. But I DO want to believe. Who wouldn't? Of course you want to be comforted in knowing that death isn't the real end. But that the thing- I think people use religion to comfort themselves about death. Like it will make it easier to die.

Comment

I don't think that it's a sin- I was just saying that I think it's considered a sin by the rules of religion, not the rules of God. But I DO want to believe. Who wouldn't? Of course you want to be comforted in knowing that death isn't the real end. But that the thing- I think people use religion to comfort themselves about death. Like it will make it easier to die.
            Yeah its true.. Many cultures believed in an afterlife before they ever adopted Christianity like the Mexicans and the middle Americans. To me Religion is like the lottery its a double edged sword theres contradictions and all that bull**** but id rather believe in something more mystic than to think I came from some evolution type *****. who knows I might strike it rich and get to heaven for my belief..

Comment

• I really think that deep down, we all have a feeling that after our time
              on earth is up, there is something else out there for us..

We live our lives in peace and good works guys..
              All that other ****, just wastes our time

Comment

Yeah its true.. Many cultures believed in an afterlife before they ever adopted Christianity like the Mexicans and the middle Americans. To me Religion is like the lottery its a double edged sword theres contradictions and all that bull**** but id rather believe in something more mystic than to think I came from some evolution type *****. who knows I might strike it rich and get to heaven for my belief..
                From my understanding, you have to wholeheartedly belive in God and the afterlife, to get in. You can't just believe in the stuff as a back-up plan, "just in case" type of thing. That's what makes it so hard. Forcing myself to fully believe in my heart..

Comment

From my understanding, you have to wholeheartedly belive in God and the afterlife, to get in. You can't just believe in the stuff as a back-up plan, "just in case" type of thing. That's what makes it so hard. Forcing myself to fully believe in my heart..
                  I know what your talking about, Thats why i wouldn't call myself an orthodox Christian because I believe in all the gnostic books that weren't included in the bible . To tell you the truth i don't believe in the bible theres nothing in scripture that tells you that you should read all the books in the bible because they are contradictory and put together by men no more divine than me or you... I believe that Jesus died for my Sins which saved me so ultimately I go to heaven, if heaven or hell doesn't exist, I'm dead already so I truly wouldn't give a ****... Thats how I look at it

Comment

I know what your talking about, Thats why i wouldn't call myself an orthodox Christian because I believe in all the gnostic books that weren't included in the bible . To tell you the truth i don't believe in the bible theres nothing in scripture that tells you that you should read all the books in the bible because they are contradictory and put together by men no more divine than me or you... I believe that Jesus died for my Sins which saved me so ultimately I go to heaven, if heaven or hell doesn't exist, I'm dead already so I truly wouldn't give a ****... Thats how I look at it
                    True, true. The ***** of the matter is that we won't know **** until we die. But we still have to make a decision about whether we should believe or not.

It's like picking Mayweather over Hatton without ever having heard about boxing before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post

If we, as Gods creation lack the ability despite all efforts to comprehend Him, and yet are told that is the single most important part of our existence, then isnt Gods system is a flawed one. Not because God is flawed, but because His creation is.

If God words are indeed perfect, why would he choose an imperfect vehicle to propagate them? i.e. humans and our limited intelligence. Just look at our history of war, ironically documented in the old testament.

Can mere doubt and questioning of the existence of God be considered a crime worthy of eternal torment and suffering, whilst also the essence of our intelligence?

If God is all knowing, then he already knows what choices i will make, and therefore freewill doesnt exist.
                      God may Know what your thoughts and actions will be bobby, but he is not Controlling them...
                      So it is infact Our own Freewill which chooses our destiny..

And according to scripture, Mankind was created to be faultless and free from sin and pain and suffering and torture. And according to scripture it was our wrongdoing through Adam that eventuated in the loss of these graces which thus forced upon us what is known as Original sin. Which Brought forth the Son of God (the second Adam) to redeem mankind from the stranglehold of sin.

We were not suppossed to be an imperfect vehicle at all..

This too Shall be my final say in this thread, so ill just leave by saying that i believe wholeheartedly that the bible represents the truth and way of life of Jesus Christ. People may choose to acknowledge that or not..

However, Another way of looking at it how do we know a Julius Caesar once lived or a Thomas Edison or a Michelangelo? Through books & passing on information from generation to generation we believe it to be true. How is the bible any different?

In the end we can come up with a 1000 reasons if God exists or not it's up to the individual who chooses to believe. "Blessed are those who have not seen me and have believed".

Comment

Working...
                      X