Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Gerald McClellan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone who answered properly. I respect your ability to comprehend a question. Key points, fast, powerful but lacked defense. Not the best of resume's. I get you

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
      Let me remind everyone, I specifically said said exclude everything outside the ring. This is purely boxing talk, couldn't care less what he did outside tenrng in this partiular discussion.
      so if he raped ten 5 year old girls it would not matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
        His actions outside the ring have nothing to do with his fighting ability, being a bad person doesn't negate what he did in the ring. Floyd has been convicted of domestic violence yet it doesn't alter the fact that he is one of the the most gifted fighters of this generation. Mike Tyson was convicted of rape yet a lot of people rank him as a top 10 HW. So stop being such ******* and gain the ability to separate inside/outside the ring opinions.
        actions outside the ring do not effect the fighter inside the ring? what if he is a heroin addict and a drunk? that would affect him in the ring. look at Kelly Pavlick ruined his fighting in the ring because of booze

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
          A strong candidate for the hardest punching middleweight of all time and was pretty devastating offensively because he had speed, range and a lot of skill to go with the massive power. Was pretty reckless though, largely eschewing defence.
          I feel the same way. Benn really smothered him and hit him at will. I still think he'd have a great chance against anyone from 160-75, aside from guys like Hopkins, possibly ward, and a few other guys who can smother and take a punch. At range he'd beat damn near anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            actions outside the ring do not effect the fighter inside the ring? what if he is a heroin addict and a drunk? that would affect him in the ring. look at Kelly Pavlick ruined his fighting in the ring because of booze
            That's not what I meant. That's a lifestyle choice that directly affected his performance, the acts committed by guys like Floyd, Gerald and Mike didn't. His actions outside of the ring don't discredit what he did in the ring. It doesn't mean he was a bad/failure of a fighter just because he was one out of the ring. I'm not defending the crimes of any of these people but the in-ring talent/performances are a separate matter.

Comment

Originally posted by babynuts View Post
              He was a scum bag who used to feed dogs as bait to his fighting dogs. He deserved everything he got against Benn. Karma at it's sweetest. He was fed to Benn the same way the dogs we're fed to his dog.
              Amen to that brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
                That's not what I meant. That's a lifestyle choice that directly affected his performance, the acts committed by guys like Floyd, Gerald and Mike didn't. His actions outside of the ring don't discredit what he did in the ring. It doesn't mean he was a bad/failure of a fighter just because he was one out of the ring. I'm not defending the crimes of any of these people but the in-ring talent/performances are a separate matter.
                you make a little sense. mind you just a little lol

Comment

what if your mother had an abortion, what if water was dry?

Comment

so if he raped ten 5 year old girls it would not matter?
                    Five 10 year olds I could live with but ten 5 year olds would be going too far.

Comment

above average middleweight.
                      **** of a person imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X