Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs who more? Golden Boy Promotions or HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who needs who more? Golden Boy Promotions or HBO?

This may seem silly but I think it's true, but I think Michael Buffer not doing being the ring announcer will have some impact on Golden Boy. I think ratings wise it will hurt HBO but the dullness of how Showtime looks as a viewer is a hard choice.
    Golden Boy Promotions
    72.22%
    HBO
    27.78%

this is a silly question... HBO could drop boxing, and HBO would still be good. GBP without a network ain't sh-it

Comment

I don't think people tune into fights to hear Michael Buffer.
      Overall though... it won't hurt HBO

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
        this is a silly question... HBO could drop boxing, and HBO would still be good. GBP without a network ain't sh-it
        I think he meant "HBO Boxing". In which case, if GBP keep signing fighters, it could get difficult for them.

As of right now however, I think GBP are the losers.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          I'm talking only about the boxing department... revenue...etc... A loss is still a loss, no matter what else the other company has.

Comment

HBO can work with other promoters...GBP is stuck with Showtime.

At some point in time, GBP's fighters will lose if they pit them amongst one another; and with the environment of boxing now, one loss can cause you to lose luster.

HBO is known as the PREMIERE BOXING NETWORK and hasn't been impacted so far with the ratings.

We'll have to see how this impacts GBP, but HBO will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
              HBO can work with other promoters...GBP is stuck with Showtime.

At some point in time, GBP's fighters will lose if they pit them amongst one another; and with the environment of boxing now, one loss can cause you to lose luster.

HBO is known as the PREMIERE BOXING NETWORK and hasn't been impacted so far with the ratings.

We'll have to see how this impacts GBP, but HBO will be just fine.
              True!! What u gonna do if ur Mares? I would get out right away coz all his big fights were all in HBO!

Comment

I think this a bigger blow to GB. HBO has been through worse and stayed strong.

Comment

HBO Boxing is going to miss out on Canelo and Broner who are the future.

They can't keep recycling JMM and Pacquiao forever, they are on the way out.

Comment

GBP is stuck with Mauro Ranallo ruining the telecasts for the future....they mad their bed.

Comment

Working...
                    X