Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Floyd ends his career with Canelo/Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Architect View Post
    I think Canelo poses problems only because Mayweather is older, but Canelo isnt smarter. If this current Canelo fought the Mayweather that DLH fought, he would get knocked out. He still might get knocked out. He hasnt even been in the ring with B class talent let alone anyone near the level of Mayweather. Mosley was trying his hardest to win vs Canelo and he was washed up. Mosley was afraid of Mayweather after the 2nd round, Richardson even threatened to stop the fight, Shane gave up. Forgive me I am not trying to make it a triangle theory but an older mosley wasnt discouraged vs Canelo. You can even tell in his post fight interviews in each fight. But I digressed, I need to see Canelo in with better competition because Lopez, Mosley, Cintron, Rhodes, Hatton, & N'Dou is.....
    I absolutely respect your opinions. I'm not even arguing with you. I've pretty much agreed with everything you said.

Again, let me reiterate. This is, in no way, a biased, or agenda driven thread. I'm not disrespecting Floyd in any way, shape or form.

Of course Canelo is no where near the fighter Floyd is. I just think, due their size, they're the only ones to pose a threat to Floyd. I just want to see how he fairs against them.

Simple and plain.
    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 12-13-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      I absolutely respect your opinions. I'm not even arguing with you. I've pretty much agreed with everything you said.

Again, let me reiterate. This is, in no way, a biased, or agenda driven thread. I'm not disrespecting Floyd in any way, shape or form.

Of course Canelo is no where near the fighter Floyd is. I just think, due their size, they're the only ones to pose a threat to Floyd. I just want to see how he fairs against them.

Simple and plain.
      No I dont believe you have an agenda I see exactly where your coming from. I would loooooooovvvvveee to see those fights but first Mayweather needs to dust off Bradley, JMM, & Manny Pacquiao first.

Comment

Floyd, in my humble estimation, has a slightly easier time with Martinez than he did with Cotto or De La Hoya @ 154. There are styles that Martinez looks good against... Floyd's isn't one of them. Martinez isn't outboxing, outslicking or outthinking Floyd, especially a weight drained 154 lb version. So he would be forced to take the lead and attempt to fight an aggressive fight. And everytime Martinez is forced into the role of the aggressor (as opposed to the slick counter puncher) he's struggled (See: Barker & Macklin fights). This is a stylistic mismatch. The only way this fight is even remotely competitive and has legacy implications is if it's @ 160.

And Canelo... LMAO!!!!11

The dude is wholly unproven among world level junior middleweights.

A fight with Canelo is just to line his pockets with the dollars of gullible Mexican fans. Does nothing for his legacy though, at this point anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
          Floyd, in my humble estimation, has a slightly easier time with Martinez than he did with Cotto or De La Hoya @ 154. There are styles that Martinez looks good against... Floyd's isn't one of them. Martinez isn't outboxing, outslicking or outthinking Floyd, especially a weight drained 154 lb version. So he would be forced to take the lead and attempt to fight an aggressive fight. And everytime Martinez is forced into the role of the aggressor (as opposed to the slick counter puncher) he's struggled (See: Barker & Macklin fights). This is a stylistic mismatch. The only way this fight is even remotely competitive and has legacy implications is if it's @ 160.

And Canelo... LMAO!!!!11

A fight with Canelo is just to line his pockets with the dollars of gullible Mexican fans. Does nothing for his legacy though, at this point anyway.
          I agree with this entire post

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post

And Canelo... LMAO!!!!11

why wouldn't martinez be able to outbox mayweather? he has much better foot movement,, is much taller and longer and mayweather almost always comes forward against southpaws. he has to get off first because his defense is leaky against straight lefts. if he sits back he gets punished like against zab or even lil sharmba mitchell who landed at will.even if they were the same size it would be a very tough fight. mayweather didn't want any part of casamayor who is a slick southpaw. he will never fight someone even bigger and better. woops i wandered into the fantasy fight breakdown of a fight that will never happen. i meant mayweather wins by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
              No I dont believe you have an agenda I see exactly where your coming from. I would loooooooovvvvveee to see those fights but first Mayweather needs to dust off Bradley, JMM, & Manny Pacquiao first.
              Floyd Vs. Bradley would be an awesome fight, regardless of how he performed against Manny. He has the craft to give him a semi, tough fight, but Floyd waxes him.

Floyd has a tougher time with the NEW JMM, but still beats him clearly, in route to a UD.

Floyd has his toughest fight with Manny. Not going to predict that one. Anything can happen.

In the end, I'd favor him against any current WW.

Edit: I'd prefer him to fight Canelo/Sergio now, due to his age, and recent decline. Although I won't call it a decline, until I see him fight at 147.
              Last edited by Scarcaztic; 12-13-2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                why wouldn't martinez be able to outbox mayweather? he has much better foot movement,, is much taller and longer and mayweather almost always comes forward against southpaws. he has to get off first because his defense is leaky against straight lefts. if he sits back he gets punished like against zab or even lil sharmba mitchell who landed at will.even if they were the same size it would be a very tough fight. mayweather didn't want any part of casamayor who is a slick southpaw. he will never fight someone even bigger and better. woops i wandered into the fantasy fight breakdown of a fight that will never happen. i meant mayweather wins by default.
                Floyd ducked Casa @130? Really? Most people say Floyd is one of the best 130lbers of all time yet he had to duck Joel Casamayor? Floyd has punished & outclassed EVERY SINGLE SOUTHPAW he has faced. Joel Casamayor that up until 3 years ago he stayed around 130 & 135lbs yet you say Mayweather wont fight someone bigger and better when he has world titles in 5 different weight class? How did he get those by moving down in weight?

Sharmba Mitchell landed at will?
                Mayweather outlanded Mitchell 85-31 in total punches. More impressive than Mayweather’s accuracy (43% of his power shots) was his defense, as Mitchell landed just 11% of his total punches. Mitchell landed 31 punches in less than six rounds- an average of just 5 per round. Mitchell down once in Round 3 and KO'd on a body shot in Round 6. LANDED AT WILL?

Judah landed at will?
                Floyd outlanded Judah 153-53 in power shots, including 28-2 in the 9th. Judah landed in single digits in total connects in 10 of 12 rounds. Overall, Mayweather landed 205 of 441 (46%) total punches to 89 of 485 (18%) for Zab. Floyd also landed 158 of 322 (49%) power shots to 64 of 177 (36%) for Judah, who managed to land just 25 of 308 jabs (8%). LANDED AT WILL?
                Last edited by Architect; 12-13-2012, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Floyd Vs. Bradley would be an awesome fight, regardless of how he performed against Manny. He has the craft to give him a semi, tough fight, but Floyd waxes him.

Floyd has a tougher time with the NEW JMM, but still beats him clearly, in route to a UD.

Floyd has his toughest fight with Manny. Not going to predict that one. Anything can happen.

In the end, I'd favor him against any current WW.

Edit: I'd prefer him to fight Canelo/Sergio now, due to his age, and recent decline. Although I won't call it a decline, until I see him fight at 147.
                  How about Canelo vs Martinez @154 for the right to fight Mayweather?

Comment

Some people have forgotten about the 12th round of Chavez vs Martinez. No one knows if Martinez will ever be himself after that, he's suffered a serious knee injury and who knows exactly how his legs will be.

Comment

Why do people keep acting like Canelo would be this huge challenge for Mayweather? It's based primarily on weight and his potential. Though I admire where he has made it at only 22 years old he has yet to fight anyone with a pulse.

Objectively I find it hard to believe people are making that big of a deal out of Mayweather-Canelo when Robert Guerrero right now(For examples sake) has a better resume. I'd give Canelo a better shot to beat Mayweather than Guerrero, but basically what I'm hearing is that the hope is that Canelo after losing to Mayweather would go on to do something in the sport, though God knows when he'll actually fight someone with a pulse.

The only real challenge for him left is Sergio Martinez. That fight should happen IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X