No announcement yet.

Degale said he would drop down in weight to face gg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Degale didn't really look as impressive as he has looked before. Can I see gg outboxing him? Absolutely
    I think degale needs to throw more combos or gg walks right through him.
    Thoughts?
    I like the fight. I dont think it could be done in 2016 (unless canelo vacates), as I take GGG at his word that he is focused on unifying 160. So I think his 2016 will consist of some combination of the IBF mando with Johnson, Lee-Saunders winner, and hopefully Canelo. But the next 10 days should sort out the Canelo aspect.

As for Degale, I thought he made the fight with Bute alot harder than it had to be. Degale has excellent speed, and excellent angles. Bute made it a dogfight and it was a tremendous fight.

I will also credit you for not putting Bute up on a pedestal since Degale wasnt able to blow him out. Plenty of Wardstans like to defend Wards "avoidance" of Bute after the super 6 by saying Bute is a bum, or whatever, and today they will be shining Degals nuts for going life and death with a guy they said was a bum 4 years ago. So kudos to you for keeping it real.

As for how Degale-GGG would go, my gut still says GGG ices him, but Bute has decent pop and Degale showed a solid beard, so who knows? I'd love to see the fight. But at 168 though. No catchweight nonsense
    Last edited by OnePunch; 11-29-2015, 01:51 AM.

Comment

He trying to look like Brandon rios? No need to offer 164, golovkin will fight anyone at 168, just not ward

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        He trying to look like Brandon rios? No need to offer 164, golovkin will fight anyone at 168, just not ward
        Big money fights i.e Froch or Chavez before he lost to Fonfara. Don't see GGG moving up for anyone given the position he's in at middleweight. After that's settled, who knows.

As for the topic at hand, seriously doubt Degale could make 160. Not healthy anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Big money fights i.e Froch or Chavez before he lost to Fonfara. Don't see GGG moving up for anyone given the position he's in at middleweight. After that's settled, who knows.

As for the topic at hand, seriously doubt Degale could make 160. Not healthy anyways.
          I think Degale said he might entertain 164. I dont think he mentioned 160. But if the fight were to happen, it needs to be at 168. No catchweight garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            ward can make 168?? who knew......

Comment

No.

While I still think Degale is a cnut in the nicest possible way I admire his bravery. However fighting GGG at 160 is suicide.

I know it's a controversial position to take on this forum especially how a lot of people are against the idea but I like to see the best fighters fight each other at their best. Degale is dead at 160.

GGG can wait. He'll come up eventually. In the meantime if Degale thinks he's really that good he has his own division to clean out. He can start by getting revenge on the ugly kid. He'd probably make more money doing that than fighting GGG anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zerosixthree View Post
                No.

While I still think Degale is a cnut in the nicest possible way I admire his bravery. However fighting GGG at 160 is suicide.

I know it's a controversial position to take on this forum especially how a lot of people are against the idea but I like to see the best fighters fight each other at their best. Degale is dead at 160.

GGG can wait. He'll come up eventually. In the meantime if Degale thinks he's really that good he has his own division to clean out. He can start by getting revenge on the ugly kid. He'd probably make more money doing that than fighting GGG anyway.
                Why is he a **** you sound like a big time hater

Comment

Both guys still have a lot of work to do in their own weight classes before this fight should be even thought about.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Why is he a **** you sound like a big time hater
                    Here's the thing.. The man went over to America and took earned his belt the hard way and then for his first defence dared to fight a faded but still dangerous Bute in Canada when most guys find themselves an easy touch for their first defence. Something neither Froch nor Ward dared to do. Out of all those currently holding a world title he's one of the few who currently acts like a champion. I'm not questioning his talent and if he continues like he is I won't question whether he is the best at super middle weight.

However, the man can not open his mouth without coming across as a massive c0ck. Not as much as a c0ck as Groves but still..

Thinking about it Froch is bit of a d!ck as is Eubank Jr. not to mention that entitled diva Ward so perhaps it's something to do with that division that makes people chat ish and act like tw@ts.
                    Last edited by zerosixthree; 11-29-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

A couple names calling out GGG hopefully he accepts one

Also of he fights Degale at 160 he gets no credit on NSB

Comment

Working...
                      X