No announcement yet.

Erik Morales The ONLY Man To OUTBRAWL pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    It was much more a case of Morales' rapid decline than any progress of Pac's. He was still the same fighter, Morales wasn't.
    I agree morales had begun to decline, but I completely disagree that manny didn't become a way better fighter in a very few fights.

Watch manny first Marquez fight and compare him to manny in the 2nd fight.

You can do the same with each morales fight.

Manny was pretty much a lunging 1-2 fighter when he first fought morales/Marquez had no idea how to create distance, didn't throw any hooks, didn't throw combinations and pivot right after.

Morales and marquez had no problem staying in front of PAC in there first fights, they were able to negate his best tool which is his ability to fire in from a distance with that 1-2.

In there second fights, that wasn't the case anymore, manny learned how to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      Another spot on post by BennyST. People like to say Manny Pacquiao beats great fighters in their primes but it is simply not true. Manny's best wins were against guys who were clearly on the slide. Even the opponents said so themselves. And in fact, Manny has a few clear losses on his resume to guys who were past their best.
      Manny is a great fighter but nowhere near the fighter that the public has made him out to be over these past few years.
      He Is everything the media has made him out to be and has beaten many future HOF fighters, just as Floyd has. The only difference Is, having wins over Barrera and Morales Is better than any of the fighters Floyd has on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        I agree morales had begun to decline, but I completely disagree that manny didn't become a way better fighter in a very few fights.

Watch manny first Marquez fight and compare him to manny in the 2nd fight.

You can do the same with each morales fight.

Manny was pretty much a lunging 1-2 fighter when he first fought morales/Marquez had no idea how to create distance, didn't throw any hooks, didn't throw combinations and pivot right after.

Morales and marquez had no problem staying in front of PAC in there first fights, they were able to negate his best tool which is his ability to fire in from a distance with that 1-2.

In there second fights, that wasn't the case anymore, manny learned how to move.
        Sorry, let me rephrase...He definitely became better of course, I'm not saying he didn't. But it happened over a much longer period than just the 1st and 2nd Morales fights. It was actually a years long process and started before the Morales fights and his best progression, when his boxing tools became more apparent and he was learning to counter, was after the Morales fights, but I'm just saying it was more a case of Morales' decline for Pac winning than it was Pac getting better within literally one fight. The stuff you're talking about real didn't have much effect in the Morales fights from 1-3. Those tools you talk about are more apparent in his 147 run.

He started trying to use them against Marquez and Morales, but they weren't as effective as his normal skills then and didn't have any effect on the outcome of those three fights. They didn't become useful, natural skills until later.

Anyway, to use those, he also gave away other tools that had made him a different type of dangerous.

At that respective stage in their careers, Morales would have won 9/10 fights if he was in peak condition. He had the perfect style to beat that version of Pac. His decline meant he lost those fights instead, but the first fight was the closest to being a peak Morales. The second two were just shells while Pac was obviously still at his peak.

It downplays Morales' skill (and his physical decline obviously) too much to suggest it was just Pac becoming the Hulk suddenly.

Anyway, yeah I know what you mean though.
        Last edited by BennyST; 11-01-2015, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          He Is everything the media has made him out to be and has beaten many future HOF fighters, just as Floyd has. The only difference Is, having wins over Barrera and Morales Is better than any of the fighters Floyd has on his resume.
          Really?

You couldn't leave Floyd out of it for just one ****ing thread? Just one post?

For christ sake...

Comment

Really?

You couldn't leave Floyd out of it for just one ****ing thread? Just one post?

For christ sake...
            It wasn't a shot at Floyd, he Is one of the best ever, Pacquiao just has the better resume and the two names mentioned above confirms that.

Comment

Sorry, let me rephrase...He definitely became better of course, I'm not saying he didn't. But it happened over a much longer period than just the 1st and 2nd Morales fights. It was actually a years long process and started before the Morales fights and his best progression, when his boxing tools became more apparent and he was learning to counter, was after the Morales fights, but I'm just saying it was more a case of Morales' decline for Pac winning than it was Pac getting better within literally one fight. The stuff you're talking about real didn't have much effect in the Morales fights from 1-3. Those tools you talk about are more apparent in his 147 run.

Morales may not of been in his prime but either was Manny yet.

It doesn't matter how long between the 1st and 2nd fight was IMO, truth is, manny learned how to use his feet. They were always fast but he had no clue what to do.

He Would constantly run himself in bad spots, when morales Would go offensive manny Would go straight back(he literally did this almost every time) which is when he got in the most trouble.

By the 2nd fight that was gone. Manny learned how to pivot, he learned how to change his attack up, learned how to fight toe to toe.

But most of all, he learned how to set up his lunging 1-2, which was his most devastating weapon. Once he was able to land that more accurately, morales had no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Morales may not of been in his prime but either was Manny yet.

It doesn't matter how long between the 1st and 2nd fight was IMO, truth is, manny learned how to use his feet. They were always fast but he had no clue what to do.

He Would constantly run himself in bad spots, when morales Would go offensive manny Would go straight back(he literally did this almost every time) which is when he got in the most trouble.

By the 2nd fight that was gone. Manny learned how to pivot, he learned how to change his attack up, learned how to fight toe to toe.

But most of all, he learned how to set up his lunging 1-2, which was his most devastating weapon. Once he was able to land that more accurately, morales had no chance.
                Excellent post, he without a doubt made huge Improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  Another spot on post by BennyST. People like to say Manny Pacquiao beats great fighters in their primes but it is simply not true. Manny's best wins were against guys who were clearly on the slide. Even the opponents said so themselves. And in fact, Manny has a few clear losses on his resume to guys who were past their best.
                  Manny is a great fighter but nowhere near the fighter that the public has made him out to be over these past few years.
                  Cheers mate!

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                    It wasn't a shot at Floyd, he Is one of the best ever, Pacquiao just has the better resume and the two names mentioned above confirms that.
                    Why bring him up at all then? He has no relevance here whatsoever.

I'm sick of even reading the guys name. He gets brought up by some people in literally every single post they make...those freaks like Kuyukut, Spoon, ADP20 and those other freakin wackjobs will bring him up, and repeat their same psychological demented issues in posts about the history of Jack Dempsey, about the best cruiserweight of all time, about the greatest white, jewish fighters and about British heavyweights.

"Jack Dempsey might have been a great heavyweight in the early 1900's, but facts are facts.
                    Roid Gayweather is a proven PED cheat, a coward and lost to one armed FOTD, filipino hero Manny Pacquiao. Coward Fraud Pedweather Jr 45-4
                    "

He's retired now. We can all stop bringing him up in every thread I say.

Comment

Morales was a tough mfkr!

Comment

Working...
                      X