Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was the ref on in the ricky burns fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laurence Cole is a beast, KO's any fighter below light heavy

Comment

What was the ref on? - Haymon's dick

As were the judges. Apparently, all you've got to do to win a fight in the states is throw lots of arm shots and under no circumstances; land cleanly with anything.

Burns was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-novice View Post
        touching and molesting the boxers all the time! he's like an octopus.

never seen that style of reffing before,
        and he continuously targeted burns from the first round and had given him 2 warnings by the second

Comment

If Laurence Cole is refereeing, you know some bull is about to go down. No one brings him in otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
            man you can tell you guys are new boxing fans, that been his style of reffing since day one. I love that style, if you dont want that to happen stop holding, hes no gonna break the acting his gonna break the hold.
            Go home. He's bias and/or incompetent.

Don't hold (excessively) is fair enough - when it's dished out in equal measure.

Ignoring the house fighters rabbit punches and other assorted fouls for the entire contest while taking points from the other side is just disgraceful.

Comment

This fight left such a bad taste in my mouth. **** BOXING

Comment

He only was touching Burns' arm, pulling it away from Figs. It was blatant cheating as he said nothing at all to Figs during the bout. It always seems that there is one decent fight and one fight where some shady stuff goes on for these NBC cards. The first fight, looked like there was fair judging but in the second fight, a guy gets deducted points for basically nothing, the ref actually physically hinders the boxer and the judges have some crazy one-sided scores.

Maybe having one "fair" fight is supposed to cover up for another corrupt event.

Comment

You don't fight a Texas fighter in Texas.

This is a unspoken rule in boxing that makes it harder to enjoy the sport.
                  Texas is a place you can't fight in and expect to win in a remotely competitive fight..... It's a fact, plain and simple....

As far as this particular fight goes, Omar was allowed to come in with his head down and put the crown of his skull in the face and neck of Burns all night.... Not 1 warning to watch his head..... While Burns was continually warned about hitting him on top of his head, the only target presented to him.... I was surprised not to see a serious head butt injury. ... Omar would grab a hold the back of Burns neck with his right and hit him with a left repeatedly.... No warning for holding and hitting......
                  I think everyone else covered the ref grabbing Burns arm all night...
                  I don't blame Omar Figueroa for taking advantage of this opportunity, he has a lot of heart and I enjoy watching his fights.... I think Omar won this fight legitimately, it was very close..... Proper officiating might have affected the outcome ???

My issue is with the officiating in Texas, judges included...... I'm not alone.....

Comment

NSB never gives Laurence Cole a fair shake

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-novice View Post
                      touching and molesting the boxers all the time! he's like an octopus.

never seen that style of reffing before,
                      He is hack who is juiced in by the Texas commission. His rulings are all over the place. When Lomo fought for the WBO belt against Salido he ignored the constant fouling by Salido. Here he was intrusive. In the past he has talked to the corner of a fighter who was the promotional house fighter. I wouldn't trust him refereeing sub novice amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                      X