Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad VS Hopkins:Cant Make Up My Mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Tito would win but not without hitting the canvas early maybe a couple of times. He is one of those guys who has shaky legs at the start of fights.

Comment

Could Pac fight Tito the way Oscar fought him?

Hell yeah he could, and he'd hurt him more and wouldn't get tired bouncing in and out on his toes all night.

Pac wins a UD barring a lucky KO from Tito, which is possible as Pac likes to slug it out sometimes against he's best interest. But he's also capable of delivering a flawless tactical display as he did vs DLH, and he'd take Tito as his most dangerous opponent so you wouldn't think he'd try to slug it out.

He'd keep moving and frustrating Tito, turning him, not allowing him to set and get off and would pepper him with rapid fire shots. No disrespect to Tito, one of my favorites, his stalking style just plays into Pacquiao's strengths better than Pacquiao's style plays into his strengths. He wouldn't beat Floyd either.
      Last edited by Fighting Pride; 01-14-2012, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post

Hell yeah he could, and he'd hurt him more and wouldn't get tired bouncing in and out on his toes all night.

Pac wins a UD barring a lucky KO from Tito, which is possible as Pac likes to slug it out sometimes against he's best interest. But he's also capable of delivering a flawless tactical display as he did vs DLH, and he'd take Tito as his most dangerous opponent so you wouldn't think he'd try to slug it out.

He'd keep moving and frustrating Tito, turning him, not allowing him to set and get off and would pepper him with rapid fire shots. No disrespect to Tito, one of my favorites, his stalking style just plays into Pacquiao's strengths better than Pacquiao's style plays into his strengths. He wouldn't beat Floyd either.
        No he couldn't, Pacquiao doesn't have half the technical ability of De La Hoya. Anyway the Oscar that fought Trinidad would spank Pacquiao like a disobedient child.

Trinidad would KO him in the mid rounds.

Comment

Dear God, he beats a bum ass Margarito and a same sized, not nearly as good as Tito, Cotto and suddenly he's beating one of the great fighters at 147 and one of the hardest punchers there ever?

Guys, Marquez was just landing left hooks and right hands with ease. Tito was fast at 147, had short counter punches and could box and fight equally well. Not some slow hack with no defence who just walked in without thinking. Pac would get beaten down over the fight. Tito was nearly 6 foot tall. He had the power to knock Pac out with one punch and break him down badly over the fight.

He didn't gas out like most guys Pac has fought recently, but would actually be the stronger fighter late in the fight and would be bringing it on late if it even got that far.

A prime 147 version of Tito is very, very different than Cotto, old shot Mosley, shot Margarito and shot to ****e zombie Oscar.

Comment

Pac loves trading and Trinidad does too, I'd lean towards Trinidad tbh. Sorta like Duran vs Hearns... both great boxers but just the size and power difference is too much. But I also see Pac getting the decision with a lot of lateral movement but not without coping some of those left hooks.

Fact is the best 147er Pac has faced is Cotto and that also at a catchweight, prime Trinidad @ 147 is a huge huge step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post

Well, if Tito was a slow, plodding, utterly shot useless fighter that couldn't pull the trigger no matter how many openings he saw, then yes, he could.

Tito could actually move, slip punches and counter punch when there was an opening.

Comment

This is all merely speculation, but I'm of the opinion that Tito would rape Pacquiao. At 147lbs, Tito was one of the most devestating punchers in the history of the sport. He carried that power with him to 154, and even 160, blowing out a guy in William Joppy who a prime Hopkins himself couldn't finish off, despire hitting him with, quite literally, everything he had.

Manny is a rhythm fighter now, so that version of him would give Tito problems as far as the footwork, and in-and-out attacks go, probably building him a lead on the scorecard early.

But Manny ate quite a few hooks from Cotto, and a 38 year old Marquez was able to catch him with some looping shots, himself. I think Manny would have to fight a perfect fight in order to beat Tito, and by perfect, I mean perfect.

One slip-up on his part would lead to Tito landing that hook of his, which would be the start of the raping.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  Dear God, he beats a bum ass Margarito and a same sized, not nearly as good as Tito, Cotto and suddenly he's beating one of the great fighters at 147 and one of the hardest punchers there ever?

Guys, Marquez was just landing left hooks and right hands with ease. Tito was fast at 147, had short counter punches and could box and fight equally well. Not some slow hack with no defence who just walked in without thinking. Pac would get beaten down over the fight. Tito was nearly 6 foot tall. He had the power to knock Pac out with one punch and break him down badly over the fight.

oh... by the way.... my opinion on the thread..Tito would beat Pacquiao....

He didn't gas out like most guys Pac has fought recently, but would actually be the stronger fighter late in the fight and would be bringing it on late if it even got that far.

A prime 147 version of Tito is very, very different than Cotto, old shot Mosley, shot Margarito and shot to ****e zombie Oscar.
                  whats funny is that you know how much gas a fighter has in the tank. A shot fighter loses to bun fighters. each fighter you mentioned was coming off wins. When a fighter cant handle a bum fighter hes done. Like Tyson /McBride. Its people that dont have the balls to climb in that ring and taste leather on their face to make up false accusations without knowing WTF they are talking about....AKA..Gossip queens! Bhop wasnt in his prime when he beat Pavlik was he.

Tito would beat Manny by the way

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                    Pac loves trading and Trinidad does too, I'd lean towards Trinidad tbh. Sorta like Duran vs Hearns... both great boxers but just the size and power difference is too much. But I also see Pac getting the decision with a lot of lateral movement but not without coping some of those left hooks.

Fact is the best 147er Pac has faced is Cotto and that also at a catchweight, prime Trinidad @ 147 is a huge huge step up.
                    Yes, and unlike Cotto, Tito would decapitate Pac if Pac fought the way he did against Cotto. If he opened his body up to shots and lay on the ropes like he did against Marg, Cotto, Clottey etc, Tito would take them over and over and unlike Cotto, who had to reserve his energy in case he gassed out too quickly, Tito could do that non stop throwing brutal body shots. He didn't gas out.

Pac's great, no doubt, but there is a major difference between Cotto and a 6 foot, prime Tito wailing on you. The power that Cotto hit him with would be like being hit by a mini cooper compared to Tito's mack-truck.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      whats funny is that you know how much gas a fighter has in the tank. A shot fighter loses to bun fighters. each fighter you mentioned was coming off wins. When a fighter cant handle a bum fighter hes done. Like Tyson /McBride. Its people that dont have the balls to climb in that ring and taste leather on their face to make up false accusations without knowing WTF they are talking about....AKA..Gossip queens! Bhop wasnt in his prime when he beat Pavlik was he.

Tito would beat Manny by the way
                      I have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X