Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LIVE: BoxNation CARL FRAMPTON vs HUGO CAZARES WBC Final Eliminator Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    i admit frampton wasnt at fault but the ref was too nonchalant
    We're literally talking about split seconds between punches. Stop nit picking, did the punch even land? Lol....just an absolute non-issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Team Frampton calling out Santa Cruz' name and willing to travel to the US.

Good stuff glad they arent just hoping for the fight to come to Belfast
      They really must want to get their arse whooped

Comment

• Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
        You just think, it's quick in that ring, so the ref jumped in as soon as he could. I think your just picking stupid faults.
        as soon as i saw the chicken dance being performed in full view, i would have immediately stepped closer to the fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          well the fight hasn't been made yet. everyone in boxing talks big but most people are cowards and liars. i bet you see frampton hiring haymon
          Ok fine but early signs are good... McGuigan could have easily answered that question, "We know that Santa Cruz is the champion, but we feel that the big money is in Belfast infront of 40 - 50,000 fans and thats where we want the fight to take place. Santa Cruz is a very good fighter but his last few fights have been on other stars undercards yada yada yada..."

Hopefully the winner still has some cajones left for when they get offered the Rigo fight

Comment

• @jack and dirk, i am nitpicking tho, but i will say bayless gets right in the fighters face with his hands and the count
            Last edited by jas; 04-04-2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• They've always said they'd be willing to go to America to do it. It makes the most sense in Belfast though. I think even Leo Santa Cruz knows that. Why else would he be mentioning Frampton's name so much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Ok fine but early signs are good... McGuigan could have easily answered that question, "We know that Santa Cruz is the champion, but we feel that the big money is in Belfast infront of 40 - 50,000 fans and thats where we want the fight to take place. Santa Cruz is a very good fighter but his last few fights have been on other stars undercards yada yada yada..."

Hopefully the winner still has some cajones left for when they get offered the Rigo fight
                Doest matter his response frampton calls no shots and Santa Cruz would be nuts to fight in frampton backyard.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                  @jack and dirk, i am nitpicking tho, but i will say bayless gets right in the fighters face with his hands and the count
                  Just watched it back in slow-mo, and I can half agree with you, but things are fast in the ring, and that would be me nitpicking.

Comment

• If Showtime really spent some time on Frampton I think he could be a hit in the US.

On top of the other assets i said earlier (big puncher, good personality, bit of a dish) his back story is intriguing. Grew up in the centre of the 'troubles' (even if it was after the worst of it) had friends shot, a gym mate blown up by a pipe bomb and he's from a protestant background with a catholic gf/wife (pretty controversial around those parts).

Being that half of yankistan thinks theyre Irish anyway itd be good for them to learn about the 'home'land

Comment

• Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                      Just watched it back in slow-mo, and I can half agree with you, but things are fast in the ring, and that would be me nitpicking.
                      thanks, i know what i saw, i saw another incompetent british referee who should have taken a step towards the action as soon as cacarez did the chicken dance. this isnt about me bashing the refereee, its about making a point in protecting the fighters and it just so happens i gotta bash the ref to do that

Comment

Working...
                      X