No announcement yet.

James Toney on Mayweather vs Pacquaio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
    Lol toney saying Manny is a genetic freak like him. Didnt toney take steroids?

Anyway I love toney but i dont agree with him. Mayweather outboxes Manny

i think toney makes a valid point saying fmj doesn't throw enough...i don't think fmj would do much damage on pac with one shot counters and potshots, which has been his mo @ 147...
    plus i don't think pac would get discouraged with getting hit clean as much as shane did from fmj...

fmj would have to counter pac with combinations from the opening bell, and these days thats not fmj's fight, especially in the early rounds...
    Last edited by djtmal; 04-01-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
      Yea, he's scared to fight a juiced up Manny.
      Just admit you're SHOOK for Floyd. That's all.

Comment

only a PUNK would demand his opponent take a steroid test when no boxing commission has demanded the same.

floyd has zero evidence that manny is on roids.

basically floyd is saying manny is too good for him at this current time. but since floyd has a ego bigger than his brain, he has to make some type of excuse.

"oh, that little midget is on steroids..."

i remember when manny was fighting at 126. floyd would be ringside at his fights cheering manny on. i didn't hear steroid allegations then.

lol!

i'm still astonished that floyd mayweather jr. exposed himself to the world as a coward.

i used to defend mayweather when fans would criticize him for not fighting cotto or margarito. i still to this day don't feel he ducked cotto or margarito. i recall him being ready to fight both of those guys at different times in his career.

but pacquiao?

floyd is truly scared. believe it.

Comment

People talk about Floyd & Toney's defensive styles being similar but the difference is that its all Toney can do. He has to shoulder roll but Floyd doesnt. He wont be shoulder rolling against Pac. He will come out with the high guard which will allow him to defend better while also being quicker to the target because his hands will already be in front of his face.

The punch output thing doesnt mean much to me. I think with Floyd's added weight since his comeback he feels strong enough to let his hands go more. Not only that but Pac's style will allow Floyd to be more offensive because his aggression will speed up the pace of the fight & his style leaves more openings for Floyd then other fighters will.

Last but not least, Pac wont have that same output against Floyd's speed & defense that he's had against other guys. Pac's will come down some and Floyd's will go up some. That doesnt mean that Floyd will win but the output thing is nothing to worry about for Floyd, espically when you know he's going to be so accurate.

Weve seen Pac have a ton of fights where even though he's doing great, he gets his head snapped back pretty often. Floyd's the most accurate guy in the game and he will be doing that alot. Pac could outland him and land hard shots but he's not going to just be snapping Floyd's head back like Floyd will do to him and that kinda stuff catches the fans & judges eye

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            People talk about Floyd & Toney's defensive styles being similar but the difference is that its all Toney can do. He has to shoulder roll but Floyd doesnt. He wont be shoulder rolling against Pac. He will come out with the high guard which will allow him to defend better while also being quicker to the target because his hands will already be in front of his face.

The punch output thing doesnt mean much to me. I think with Floyd's added weight since his comeback he feels strong enough to let his hands go more. Not only that but Pac's style will allow Floyd to be more offensive because his aggression will speed up the pace of the fight & his style leaves more openings for Floyd then other fighters will.

Last but not least, Pac wont have that same output against Floyd's speed & defense that he's had against other guys. Pac's will come down some and Floyd's will go up some. That doesnt mean that Floyd will win but the output thing is nothing to worry about for Floyd, espically when you know he's going to be so accurate.

Weve seen Pac have a ton of fights where even though he's doing great, he gets his head snapped back pretty often. Floyd's the most accurate guy in the game and he will be doing that alot. Pac could outland him and land hard shots but he's not going to just be snapping Floyd's head back like Floyd will do to him and that kinda stuff catches the fans & judges eye
            Toney and Mayweather use very similar styles except Toney tends to in-fight more where Mayweather pot shots. Toney doesn't use high guard as much because he's more effective with shoulder roll against lefties than Mayweather, he actually switches to philly shell in s.paw.

I think Mayweather/Pac fight will be similar to Toney/Jirov. Big difference is Pac doesn't pressure like Jirov (less forward but "smarter" pressure) and Mayweather doesn't throw nearly as much as Toney. Remember, even though Toney landed 400+ shots at almost 50% connect rate, people still think he lost that fight and you know Mayweather will never land 300+ let alone 400+ shots on Pac.

Comment

Good vid i dont see it that way but floyd better hurry up

Comment

Originally posted by michael hall View Post
                only a punk would demand his opponent take a steroid test when no boxing commission has demanded the same.

Floyd has zero evidence that manny is on roids.

Basically floyd is saying manny is too good for him at this current time. But since floyd has a ego bigger than his brain, he has to make some type of excuse.

"oh, that little midget is on steroids..."

i remember when manny was fighting at 126. Floyd would be ringside at his fights cheering manny on. I didn't hear steroid allegations then.

Lol!

I'm still astonished that floyd mayweather jr. Exposed himself to the world as a coward.

I used to defend mayweather when fans would criticize him for not fighting cotto or margarito. I still to this day don't feel he ducked cotto or margarito. I recall him being ready to fight both of those guys at different times in his career.

But pacquiao?

Floyd is truly scared. Believe it.
                damn so tyson is a punk?????

Comment

Toney is hard to understand, but I know enough to understand that he knows a hell of a lot more about boxing and styles than I do. So therefore, I know enough to agree with him.

I think that some posters are wrong when they say that all Toney has is a "shoulder-roll". He has very good upper body movement as well.

Folks don't seem to know that a "shoulder-roll" was a commonplace part of boxing in the old days in the 20's, 30's and 40's. COMMONPLACE. Most of the guys who had any defence, used it, and didn't even call it the "shoulder-roll".

There's nothing special about it. People seem to think that it's some miraculous move that the mayweathers invented.

Something on the line of Bob Fitzsimmons' "left shift" to the body by which he KO'd Corbett. When I was boxing, we knew it as the "solar plexis punch", and I'm certain it was used long before Bob Fitzsimmons was born.

Probably Dan Mendoza even used it. I think they used to call it "a blow to the wind". They also had a "blow to the mark", which may have been the very same thing.

Shoulder -roll...........phooey.

Comment

Damn everybody thinks Mayweather acting like a complete p&&^^

Comment

Working...
                    X