X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
    Let me just clarify.

I using the term ' AM ' as a generalisation for more attacking midfielders. In no way am I saying I'd have Walcott as my offensive pivot/play maker. I wouldn't have him on the wing of a 4-4-2 formation, simply because he isn't great at getting the ball in.

If he was on the wing, I'd prefer him to be drifting inside and make the most of his pace. But I wouldn't want to waste the offensive ability of two good wingers and would rather him play behind the striker.

Comment

Let me just clarify.

I using the term ' AM ' as a generalisation for more attacking midfielders. In no way am I saying I'd have Walcott as my offensive pivot/play maker. I wouldn't have him on the wing of a 4-4-2 formation, simply because he isn't great at getting the ball in.

If he was on the wing, I'd prefer him to be drifting inside and make the most of his pace. But I wouldn't want to waste the offensive ability of two good wingers and would rather him play behind the striker.
      Um.....right.

So what system and where would you play him?

I think he could play as striker with say Rooney off him - the way Rooney and Owen used to. I cant see him playing anywhere else except the wing or there.

Comment

• What I'm saying is that Walcott doesn't cut it as a winger compared to the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain, I'd rather utilise his pace in a more central position. I generalised the term ' attacking midfielder ' to mean anything in between the midfield and forwards.

He could play off Rooney or Rooney could play off him.

Comment

What I'm saying is that Walcott doesn't cut it as a winger compared to the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain, I'd rather utilise his pace in a more central position. I generalised the term ' attacking midfielder ' to mean anything in between the midfield and forwards.

He could play off Rooney or Rooney could play off him.
          And I still cant fathom that. Even by English players standards, his technical ability is ghastly. He cant be anywhere near the middle of the park. How is he gonna link play between midfield n forwards? The thought of it makes me cringe.

He needs to be playing on the shoulder of the last defender either on the wing in a 4-3-3 or up front in a 4-4-2. That's all he's capable of...imo.

Comment

• Walcott shouldn't even be in the squad.. Te guy is pure trash and hasn't moved forward 1 bit in his time at arsenal

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                And I still cant fathom that. Even by English players standards, his technical ability is ghastly. He cant be anywhere near the middle of the park. How is he gonna link play between midfield n forwards? The thought of it makes me cringe.

He needs to be playing on the shoulder of the last defender either on the wing in a 4-3-3 or up front in a 4-4-2. That's all he's capable of...imo.
                Using the 4-3-3 as an example, I'd have Walcott bringing the ball in from a wide position rather than running down the flank and getting a cross in.

Walcott is all pace, it's a great thing to have - but not on it's own. He doesn't have a great footballing brain so I would never have him in a position that can influence the game a lot.

How often does he play up front for Arsenal?

Comment

• I would have Andy Carroll as one of my strikers in England.

He needs the confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                    I would have Andy Carroll as one of my strikers in England.

He needs the confidence.
                    One dimensional English bum.

Comment

• Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
                      Do you think Capello should take Oxlade-Chamberlain?
                      yes off course,from what ive seen he's already better than walcott in every department,he should take youngsters imo.....

Comment

Working...
                      X