Gift Advice for Boxing Aficionado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Advice for Boxing Aficionado

Hello BoxingScene community,
    This is my first post, although I do lurk a lot on the video trading block pages to grab fights the morning after they air. I am at the beginning of my discovery of the pugilist arts, and have been introduced and helped through the beginning phases of that appreciation by a good friend of mine. Now I feel that I owe him, because I like boxing quite a lot (it turns out), and I would like to give him something this Christmas that reflects my gratitude for the introduction.

I would like to get something boxing-related. I was thinking possibly high definition footage of some of the greats of boxing, although I'm not sure whether that even exists, or in what form. A quick search through Amazon for "Mike Tyson" shows an overwhelming assortment of biographical pieces, but I don't have any way of gauging what is good and what not.

So it occurred to me to ask here. Can anyone share the names of some really good videos? Or if you have some other, totally non-video-related idea, I'm taking those too.

Thanks for your answers.

Originally posted by nebajoth View Post
    Hello BoxingScene community,
    This is my first post, although I do lurk a lot on the video trading block pages to grab fights the morning after they air. I am at the beginning of my discovery of the pugilist arts, and have been introduced and helped through the beginning phases of that appreciation by a good friend of mine. Now I feel that I owe him, because I like boxing quite a lot (it turns out), and I would like to give him something this Christmas that reflects my gratitude for the introduction.

I would like to get something boxing-related. I was thinking possibly high definition footage of some of the greats of boxing, although I'm not sure whether that even exists, or in what form. A quick search through Amazon for "Mike Tyson" shows an overwhelming assortment of biographical pieces, but I don't have any way of gauging what is good and what not.

So it occurred to me to ask here. Can anyone share the names of some really good videos? Or if you have some other, totally non-video-related idea, I'm taking those too.

Thanks for your answers.
    What about some boxing related t-shirts? I have no idea where you could find them but google can take care of that.

Comment

That's a pretty good idea. Maybe a hooded sweatshirt like the picture too. Thanks!

Comment

This is ****ing brilliant http://www.amazon.co.uk/Naseem-Hamed.../dp/B000UOOV9M

Comment

Does your friend box himself? Perhaps some new boxing equipment.

If not, I wouldn't buy any boxing videos (as in actual fights) because the internet pretty much has it all. Instead, I'd look into boxing memorabilia like frames or collectible items. Hit up a sports store or run a quick search on craigslist and you'll usually find people selling autographed items like gloves or frames for fairly reasonable prices (make sure it's authentic).

Also, who's his favorite fighter?
          Last edited by _original_; 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

A boxing poster is always a nice gift. I am a collector so if someone gifts me one, I'd be excited! (eBay is full of them)

PS: If you can get it framed (cheap regular black poster frame) then better!

Comment

Working...
            X