Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive look at the Trinidad Hopkins hand wrapping issue and Hopkins cheating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive look at the Trinidad Hopkins hand wrapping issue and Hopkins cheating

Learn the truth about the Hopkins Trinidad fight and the hand wrapping issue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLt4cnV1X7o

Hopkins was always a dirty mothertrucker and this fight was no different, but when you get the chance to do what you need to do to win, you are going to do it unless the ref tells otherwise.

Smoger was ***** in this fight.But lets be real, Hopkins is still fighting at cruiserweight, Tito just was in with a big guy.
    Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 01-13-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Even with modified hand-wraps, if Tito had fought the other opponents he had dominated, he would have knocked them out.

The comments on the video are saying that he lost because that wasn't his best weight, which probably has some truth to it but, outside of whatever catchweight he fought Roy Jones Jr. at, Tito was a terrific puncher. He just couldn't land the right punches on Hopkins, who focused on taking away Tito's best punches, namely that left hook.

Hopkins also REGULARLY leads with that head with a right hand behind it. It hides his chin and lets him land that right hand while simultaneously sliding out at an angle. You can call that THE Hopkins right hand if someone else used it.

Many of those times, Tito was leaning forward, too, which put him in the way of Hopkins right hand "technique."

Tito was out of his depth that night. If it had gone to a decision...okay, we could talk about this and that. That knockout was not controversial. It was a definite, he put him on his butt type of knockout and Tito's dad pushed the button to fire the parachute.

The hand-wraps didn't make him hit Hopkins less or not as flush and Hopkins head coming in contact with his opponent's is probably on every tape they had on Hopkins.

Comment

I was bout to say, if the handwraps were the issue, then Paulie shoulda hooked up with Papa Trinidad,lol. But seriously b-Hop was too much man for Tito & that's pretty much the end a that.

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
          Even with modified hand-wraps, if Tito had fought the other opponents he had dominated, he would have knocked them out.

The comments on the video are saying that he lost because that wasn't his best weight, which probably has some truth to it but, outside of whatever catchweight he fought Roy Jones Jr. at, Tito was a terrific puncher. He just couldn't land the right punches on Hopkins, who focused on taking away Tito's best punches, namely that left hook.

Hopkins also REGULARLY leads with that head with a right hand behind it. It hides his chin and lets him land that right hand while simultaneously sliding out at an angle. You can call that THE Hopkins right hand if someone else used it.

Many of those times, Tito was leaning forward, too, which put him in the way of Hopkins right hand "technique."

Tito was out of his depth that night. If it had gone to a decision...okay, we could talk about this and that. That knockout was not controversial. It was a definite, he put him on his butt type of knockout and Tito's dad pushed the button to fire the parachute.

The hand-wraps didn't make him hit Hopkins less or not as flush and Hopkins head coming in contact with his opponent's is probably on every tape they had on Hopkins.
          this is an excellent post.

Comment

I dislike this fight..... 2 cheaters trying to out cheat each other.

Comment

Wraps or no wraps he could never **** with Hopkins at any weight at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                I dislike this fight..... 2 cheaters trying to out cheat each other.
                Why didnt tito get suspended maniac?

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                  Wraps or no wraps he could never **** with Hopkins at any weight at any time.
                  I think your rite at any weight hopkins fought at tito loses. I think at 147 tito best weight he has a chance. No one looks good against hopkins.

Comment

I don't need to read it because I know both fighters well.The way Trinidad wrapped his hands is legal in 99% of the world. It has nothing to do with his punching power. His power comes from fast hands and proper punching technique and turning his weight into his punches, not from extra gaze or tape. Hopkins is a great fighter and one of the best dirty fighters in history. He knows how to get away with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X