No announcement yet.

Is Froch an ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
    Light heavy is one of the deepest divisions in history. It has a deep talent pool and is filled with some of the greatest fighters to even lace them up. Needless to say Froch wouldn't compare favorably
    That's my point. Those are the terms on which ATG status should be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He never moved up and was never even the best in his own damn weight class....He will not even be a 1st ballot Hall of famer
      Be quiet Larry.

Abraham
      Bute
      Dirrell
      Groves
      Johnson
      Kessler
      Pascal
      Reid
      Taylor

and Froch isn't finished, there is more to come.

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      For me he will always be an ATG. But It's hard to definte what the hell that is anyway. In SMW he's one of the best ever, top 2 or 3, so that's enough for me.
      Yeah, it's more than a bit ambiguous.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 10-24-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

He isn't actually that good.

If he had average stamina and an average chin he'd have many losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark81 View Post

Dumb logic, if you take any fighters attributes away they'd have more losses.

Losses don't define a fighter anyway, it's the wins. Many of the best fighters have multiple losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark81 View Post

Yeah, and if Floyd Mayweather was slow and had average skills he'd have many losses....

What a silly way to look at something. How many great fighters would there be if you took away their strengths?

Carl is first ballot HOF.

Comment

His technique is poor though, he's also slow and has poor balance - he's not a well co-ordinated athlete, just a tough mofo with a great engine, great belief and chin

Comment

No. Not to knock his career achievements but he just doesn't rise to that level of greatness. Which is not an insult.

Comment

Froch is a definite hall of famer. There's no way he's an ATG though and that's ok. He's an excellent fighter and will be known as a guy who fought the best fighters possible.

Comment

is he fcuk.

Comment

He's a Hall of Famer at most

Comment

Working...
                      X