Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd Mayweather have a breaking point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Floyd Mayweather have a breaking point?

If a brawler is strong enough, tough enough, wild enough, skilled enough, you see Mayweather look vulnerable, true?

Marcos Maidana and Jose Luis Castillo's volume punching overwhelmed Mayweather a good little bit, yes?

Look at my sig. Mayweather is getting bombed so badly he just lays on the ropes and puts his hands up. There's just so many punches coming at him that he doesn't know what to do.

Also, Mayweather's voice sounded shaken up after the fight against Maidana. You can't argue with that.

Also in the Maidana fight, when Mayweather got cut he was panicking. He kept rubbing his glove against his eye and looking worried. Other fighters can have cuts all over their faces and swollen eyes and they don't panic.

Yes.
    87.50%
    No.
    12.50%
    Maybe.
    0.00%
    I don't know.
    0.00%

All that yet Maidana still manage to freakin loose.

Comment

He's been ducking that breaking point for 5 years now. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        All that yet Maidana still manage to freakin loose.
        I give Mayweather full credit for winning, but there's an asterisk attached to it -- i.e. the gloves and the fact that it could've have been scored in Maidana's favor if you like aggressiveness, power, and volume punching.

Originally posted by -Makunouchi- View Post
        He's been ducking that breaking point for 5 years now. Lol
        Pacquiao is a fast, strong brawler who throws an insane amount of punches and has A-plus conditioning. It would've have truly tested Mayweather IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          If a brawler is strong enough, tough enough, wild enough, skilled enough, you see Mayweather look vulnerable, true?

Marcos Maidana and Jose Luis Castillo's volume punching overwhelmed Mayweather a good little bit, yes?

Look at my sig. Mayweather is getting bombed so badly he just lays on the ropes and puts his hands up. There's just so many punches coming at him that he doesn't know what to do.

Also, Mayweather's voice sounded shaken up after the fight against Maidana. You can't argue with that.

Also in the Maidana fight, when Mayweather got cut he was panicking. He kept rubbing his glove against his eye and looking worried. Other fighters can have cuts all over their faces and swollen eyes and they don't panic.

if someone is good enough anyone will look vulnerable. you cant outclass everyone, nobody ever has and nobody ever will. only floyd gets flack for being in a competitive fight.

JLC and maidana never overwhelmed floyd, they swamped him with activity and won a few rounds by outworking him (which is the only way for them to win rounds against him short of hurting him). but floyd was calm and composed the entire time, reading his opponent and biding his time.

doesnt know what to do? he knew exactly what to do and did it. this is 12 rounds of fighting. you cant always control every second of every round, sometimes your opponents have their moments and when they do you just have to make him as ineffective as possible and weather the storm. floyd was in a bad spot against the ropes, but he made the best of the situation. i guess you didnt know what he should have done, because he did the right thing and you failed to realize it. as the fight went on maidana wore down from using up all that energy without doing too much damage and floyd took over and won the fight. seems to me maidana didnt know what to do, he should have paced himself.

i didnt think floyd seemed shaken up at all, i guess you cant argue with insanity though so ill give you that.

panicking? really? LOL. it bothered him ill give you that. he had never been cut before and seemed annoyed with the blood bothering his vision, but panicking? thats exaggerating to the point of lying.

i guess you see what you want to see, floyd lays on the ropes and catches a combination without throwing back and he is overwhelmed and doesnt know what to do. he rubs at a cut and he is panicking. smh

edit: i read your next post and the only way you could have given it to maidana is if you dont know how to score a fight or is so incredibly biased you make **** up as it goes along. clearly you are the second if not both.
          Last edited by #1Assassin; 06-09-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=punchr;14645200]I give Mayweather full credit for winning, but there's an asterisk attached to it -- i.e. the gloves and the fact that it could've have been scored in Maidana's favor if you like aggressiveness, power, and volume punching.

I thought Maidana could punch? It was his gloves the whole time? He's lucky he got the fight at all. His first pair were rejected by the commission. Floyd was right to take control of the situation after that. Why should Floyd give him a second chance?

Comment

Working...
            X