No announcement yet.

Poll: Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    He got stunned by Bakhtov if I remember correctly same counter left off the ropes Whyte hit him with.
    Just rewatched it. Wouldn't say he got stunned, but it wasn't a solid shot anyway.-

In fact, I think he grinned.

Comment

I would be another Ko for Joshua.

I dont rate Takam, I mean he lost to Gregory Tony for god sakes lol. Granted hes done a little better of late, but being ko'd by a drug cheat and drawing with Perez, who also got ko'd by a drug cheat isnt exactly top of the line. A win over another drug cheat Tony Thompson doesnt impress me either.

So for him to expose Parker so badly whilst also looking terrible in the process, just shows to me that Parker is no where near the level required yet. Because lets be fair no one was watching and going ooh Takam is looking beast mode tonight, and if he had a little more up and go about him he could of stopped Parker. The dude was all over the place..

Sorry, but it would be an easy nights work at the moment.

Comment

Nice thread.... been meaning to check out parker in action... seems to be alot of hype around him.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
          I would be another Ko for Joshua.

I dont rate Takam, I mean he lost to Gregory Tony for god sakes lol. Granted hes done a little better of late, but being ko'd by a drug cheat and drawing with Perez, who also got ko'd by a drug cheat isnt exactly top of the line. A win over another drug cheat Tony Thompson doesnt impress me either.

So for him to expose Parker so badly whilst also looking terrible in the process, just shows to me that Parker is no where near the level required yet. Because lets be fair no one was watching and going ooh Takam is looking beast mode tonight, and if he had a little more up and go about him he could of stopped Parker. The dude was all over the place..

Sorry, but it would be an easy nights work at the moment.
          I think that's a little unfair to Takam. The Tony loss was ages ago when he was still green. He's obviously moved on a lot from then. The fact that he was so competitive with Povetkin has to be in his favour, considering the recent controversy surrounding Povetkin's conditioning. A solid win over Thompson is also nothing to sniff at.

Parker exposed his vulnerabilities in this fight, but he also showed his strengths, and that's definitely something to take heart from. He's not ready for Joshua yet, but he's passed a big hurdle in his development process. Just wish his team would find a better opponent for him to fight next.

Comment

Working...
          X