Boxing Expert ROBERT GARCIA Says Khan Would Pose Problems For Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Expert ROBERT GARCIA Says Khan Would Pose Problems For Floyd

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    He is a great trainer and I respect his opinion but I don't agree with him in this case. I think the gap in skill between Mayweather and Khan is too wide for Khan to cause Mayweather any problems. Khan isn't much of a puncher at 147 and his power is no threat to the iron jawed Mayweather. Khan has never stopped any welterweight. Khan had fairly close fights with Diaz and Algieri, two guys Mayweather could probably beat wearing a blindfold.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      He is a great trainer and I respect his opinion but I don't agree with him in this case. I think the gap in skill between Mayweather and Khan is too wide for Khan to cause Mayweather any problems. Khan isn't much of a puncher at 147 and his power is no threat to the iron jawed Mayweather. Khan has never stopped any welterweight. Khan had fairly close fights with Diaz and Algieri, two guys Mayweather could probably beat wearing a blindfold.
      Khan is a decent puncher, he dropped Collazo 3 times while Thurman couldn't drop him once. Diaz beat Shawn Porter in most people's eyes only 4 months before facing Khan (although it was officially a draw).

Khan would have beaten Floyd, there's a reason Mayweather ducked him the way he did and chose to fight someone Khan had already beaten - Maidana. Predictably yet another come-forward brawler. Styles make fights and Khan beats Floyd fairly easily in my opinion.

The big mistake Khan made when the Floyd fight was being discussed is that he kept saying in all the interviews that he's going to try to outbox Floyd, not try to rush him and knock him out. He gave his game plan away and that basically spooked Floyd because he knew that a boxing version of Khan would be a very risky prospect, whereas a brawling come-forward version he would beat clearly.

Comment

Why do you think floyd retired as soon as Khan was available? Too healthy and too fast for floyd.

Comment

Working...
        X