No announcement yet.

Kurt Cobain appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Kurt Cobain was a highly innovative composer and performer... Like Lennon-McCartney or Jack Bruce... Or, later, Barrow-Utley...
    Nirvana is also great in covering songs.

Comment

2 of my favourite performances.

Big ugly rock'n'roll.

Comment

Comment

Noisy n dirty

Comment

It's referred to as prepotency.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prepotency

Comment

Courtney Love is a murderer. It seemed as though Nirvana's music was heading downhill anyway just look at where the Foo Fighters are now.

Comment

Originally posted by BuiltToSpill View Post
                Courtney Love is a murderer. It seemed as though Nirvana's music was heading downhill anyway just look at where the Foo Fighters are now.
                Going downhill? In Utero is amazing.
                I think they would of split up, or at least worked with different people, had side projects.

I never liked Foo Fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BuiltToSpill View Post
                  Dave Grohl never wrote for Nirvana. Nirvana died when Kurt did. And In Utero was their best album.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    Going downhill? In Utero is amazing.
                    I think they would of split up, or at least worked with different people, had side projects.

I never liked Foo Fighters.
                    There were rumors that Cobain was gonna either get very folky and acoustic on the next album, or very experimental and noise driven, ala Sonic Youth. Nirvana was going one extreme direction, just not sure which way. We'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                      There were rumors that Cobain was gonna either get very folky and acoustic on the next album, or very experimental and noise driven, ala Sonic Youth. Nirvana was going one extreme direction, just not sure which way. We'll never know.
                      I don't know if I buy that theory, because Kurt was an absolute un-artistic mess at the end. Nirvana was the antithesis of Foo Fighters though. Nirvana=Kurt for the most part, and he was way too ornery and unstable for it to exist and put out bad albums like Grohl has, who is a laid back cool guy. Kurt was a dick, and was gonna probably break up the band anyways if he didn't off himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X