No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights from Washington, D.C.: Peterson 139.4, Holt 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Headed down there tomorrow morning, looking forward to it!
    Should be a good fight man.

I like Peterson in what may end up being a slugfest. Sleeper fight for sure.

Comment

im surprised this aint on showtime or hbo .. i got petersen UD , holt imo would rather not try to win than get KTFO tryin ...

Comment

Peterson should outbox Holt down the stretch. Holt has looked good as of late so this should actually make for a pretty awesome fight. Peterson takes a few rounds to warm up and then he starts mugging Holt on the inside.

Comment

The ESPN card is better than the ShowTime card this week.

Comment

Very nice match-up indeed. Tomorrow is gonna be great.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              The ESPN card is better than the ShowTime card this week.
              Shobox is usually pretty weak, its really about the same level as FNF. But this is a great fight for ESPN. When was the last time there was a title fight on FNF? Anyways HBO and Showtime could have easilt picked this fight up and probably for a pretty good deal. IDK WTF they were thinking. I don't want to speak prematurely because this fight could end up not being that good, but I really have the feeling this will be a really good fight. Peterson and Holt both have a lot on the line and a lot to prove. Especially Peterson, if he wins tomorrow he has some big fights in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                Shobox is usually pretty weak, its really about the same level as FNF. But this is a great fight for ESPN. When was the last time there was a title fight on FNF? Anyways HBO and Showtime could have easilt picked this fight up and probably for a pretty good deal. IDK WTF they were thinking. I don't want to speak prematurely because this fight could end up not being that good, but I really have the feeling this will be a really good fight. Peterson and Holt both have a lot on the line and a lot to prove. Especially Peterson, if he wins tomorrow he has some big fights in the future.
                This isn't ShoBox the Next Generation though. This is a championship boxing event.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  This isn't ShoBox the Next Generation though. This is a championship boxing event.
                  I understand. The way your post was written it seemed like you thought Shobox was usually better than FNF. Sometimes it is but they usually their about the same as far as match ups go IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    GBP has the 140lb Division on lock. So I hope Peterson takes it. That sets up the possibility of a Matthysse or Garcia vs Peterson for the undisputed championship. I can dig that.
                    Either is a great match up..

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                      Pretty good main event for ESPN.
                      Agree.....

Comment

Working...
                      X