Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Floyd done enough to be considered up there alongside Ali and SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Floyd done enough to be considered up there alongside Ali and SRR?

As a true contender as the ATG?

There has only been two justifiable candidates for the true ATG of Boxing and those two are Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. Of course there will be many people who have their own choice as the ATG but that would be more their opinion as a fanboy and not as a true Boxing argument. As Boxing fans surely we can all/most of us admit that those two have been the only two real candidates for that title. Or are they? Has Floyd Mayweather done enough in his career to have his name up alongside those two titans of Boxing?

Now this most likely will have been asked before but i have not seen nor was i around at that time to engage in that particular discussion.

WARNING - PLEASE LETS TRY AND HAVE A DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD LIKE ADULTS AND NOT LIKE A BUNCH OF SAD INTERNET WARRIORS AND GET ALL CHILDISH. NO *****S OR *******S EITHER WAY UNLESS YOU CAN PUT YOUR POINT ACROSS IN A ADULT LIKE MANNER AND WITHOUT INSULTING ANYONE, IF YOU FEEL YOU CANNOT ENGAGE IN THIS DISCUSSION IN AN ADULT MANNER THEN PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING IN THIS THREAD. Thanks.
    Yes
    18.68%
    No
    71.43%
    If he beats Pacquiao
    9.89%

No, of course not.

No one in this day and age can compare to the top ten.

Lets alone the GOAT.

Comment

Surely Greb or Armstrong should be in the conversation.

To say only Ali is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

two words

HELLS NO !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I need to see Floyd in a war before putting him alongside them.

Comment

If anyone says yes to this than JCC Jr should also be ranked up there with the GOATS

Comment

Is this a serious question?

Comment

I think it's even harder to reach that status because fighters don't fight as often, plus the talent ain't really there. So I honestly don't believe any fighter will come close to that in my life time.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                  Surely Greb or Armstrong should be in the conversation.

To say only Ali is a bit of a stretch.
                  Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. Greb and Armstrong and two who definitely could have strong arguments made for them as contenders for that ATG spot but so could a few others. The heavily favoured opinion of 95% of the boxing world though is that Ali and SRR are the top two. My intention is to not change the direction of this particular discussion onto another subject, by leaving open a seperate discussion about who else could be a strong candidate for the ATG spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I need to see Floyd in a war before putting him alongside them.
                    Castillo? Which many thought he lost.

But i get your point though. Do you not think though that the reason we have not seen FM in many wars is because of how good FM's boxing abilities are?

Comment

Working...
                    X