Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Of De La Hoya Pulled Out Against Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should have never taken the fight. For him to pick on a small guy like Pacquiao was a disgraced. The fight was a circus act in many eyes. The only suprised was that Oscar got his azz kicked hard instead of Pacquiao.

Comment

IDk... should Roy have pulled out of his first fight with Tarver because he looked like a zombie. Should Tarver have pulled out after coming off a movie set, losing a lot of fat and feeling "flat" against B-Hop. Truth is Oscar thought he was picking the easiest, biggest money fight available, but he ****ed it all up coming into the ring looking like a ****sexual male model with an eating disorder.

Comment

Who would have thought Oscar would be "shamed" in that fight?

A lightweight champion who will go against a junior middleweight in a welterweight match?

No one could have predicted the outcome of the fight. Not even the boxing writers who wrote about the the fight as a farce and a circus. Not even Oscar himself have predicted that he be "massacred."

He even belittled the skills of Pacquiao in his interviews before the fight with all the confidence in him leading to the fight.

He was simply demoralized beginning the first two rounds..that brought his mind at a loss, because he could not keep up with the speed.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Jrosales is blinded by his DLH hate...he will never give him any props. DLH gave us a lot of exciting fights, but most of these young cats wouldn't know because they didn't watch boxing in the 90's.
          True.

Just like people don't believe that Roy as good as/better than Pacquiao in the 90s, all they remember is the dude's most recent fights.

Oscar was a true warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            True.

Just like people don't believe that Roy as good as/better than Pacquiao in the 90s, all they remember is the dude's most recent fights.

Oscar was a true warrior.

Roy was incredible in the 90's. He was the fastest I've ever seen in his prime.

And this is coming from a Roy Jones hater, (from 2003 to the present).

Comment

Jrosales is blinded by his DLH hate...he will never give him any props. DLH gave us a lot of exciting fights, but most of these young cats wouldn't know because they didn't watch boxing in the 90's.
              I have been pretty excited about almost all of Pac fights. Should we not criticize Pac decisions cuz' he gives us exciting fights? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Dude, your as bad as DLH as I am about Roy Jones.

I agree with DLH cherry picking or trying to after he was a part time fighter, but please he had a go early at some very good guys.

I am not a DLH fan but I really enjoyed the Quartey, Vargas, and Tito fights.

I think he rates because of those.

I too started hating him a bit later.

But not as bad a RJJ jr after Ruiz.
                I don't know what was there to hate about Roy after Ruiz, if anything it would have been before Ruiz but I guess.

Anyways, yes he fought Tito even though he ran for his life in the last 4 rounds OK.

But, he always said he would never fight Vargas, he would not give Vargas the payday, would not fight him and then after Tito soften him up and Vargas was getting drop by Rivera and looking like eh against 'Shibata' Flores that is when the ol great warrior Oscar decided to fight him and saying he knew where to hit Vargas at now pointing to his chin.

He jumped on Quartey when he looked vulnerable against Lopez, he was dropped and hurt in that fight, and Oscar had to postpone the fight with a cut that nobody saw and fought Quartey after Quartey had a year of inactivity.

Comment

I'm glad he didn't give that cheating scumbag a big payday. I'm sure Margacheater would have worn his magical wraps against Oscar.
                  Haha, If Oscar woulda fought Margarito back then, there would be no Nazim Richardson to catch those bricks in Tony's gloves. Oscar woulda got mauled.

Comment

no **** @ the title !!!!!

Comment

this thread doesn't make sense at all... oscar is the one who challenged pacquiao... pulling out will make him look dumb... also, oscar had said before the fight that he is on the best shape of his life... i wonder what would happen to him if he is on the worst shape of his life during the pacquiao fight....

Comment

Working...
                      X