Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name boxers who you think used steroids?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name boxers who you think used steroids?

Please state your reasons for your suspcions

Originally posted by -Lightsout- View Post
    Please state your reasons for your suspcions

I'd rather say 'illegal performance enhancing drugs' than just 'steroids'.

I'm slightly suspicious of Evander Holyfield.....I'm a huge fan, but in his prime his incredible muscle tone, the fact that he grew an inch and a half in height from the jump from cruiserweight, the heart issues too......they all make me wonder. Plus the 'Evan Fields' thing too on that delivery of performance enhancers. The thing is, even if he were to have partaken.....he may well have done it with a relatively clear conscience in ignorance.

The problem is, not every PED user is like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV, having needles stabbed in them.

Do you think that if Holyfield's dietician, conditioner or even bodybuilder friend were to give him human growth hormone and told him that it was 100% natural human growth hormone (the stuff everyone's body produces naturally), just to help with the jump from cruiser to heavy......not an anabolic steroid, that Evander would think twice about using it?

I dont think that too many boxers would knowingly inject anabolic steroids, but they might be privy to blood doping (it is of course their own blood from their own altitude training of course!).

Even off the shelf performance products are illegal in world sports, Roy Jones of course got into trouble with the product 'Ripped Fuel'.

Steroids can of course lead to the type of physique that can inspire suspicion regardless. I will say that for the most part the cheats will have their system down in a regimented, clever way.

Comment

Maybe pacquiao nobody has been able to carry his punching power that many weight classes.

Comment

This is one of those controversial threads, so in order to be politically correct i will say that Ivan Calderon is possibly the least likely to have taken PEDS,

Comment

The Klitschkos obviously. After all Vitali was busted for it and gave the usual lame heard-it-before excuse of "Well I was rehabbing a sore hangnail and my sainted Grandmother gave me one of her home treatments in an unmarked container and it was all perfectly legal because Mother Theresa OKed it and....." Right :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind Holyfield was juicing. I'd put my entire family's life on the line with this one.

Easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              The Klitschkos obviously. After all Vitali was busted for it and gave the usual lame heard-it-before excuse of "Well I was rehabbing a sore hangnail and my sainted Grandmother gave me one of her home treatments in an unmarked container and it was all perfectly legal because Mother Theresa OKed it and....." Right :rolleyes9:

Poet
              Wladimir looks MUCH bigger and ripped than his loss to Corrie Sanders years ago, and the fact that Vitali had those 4 years off and looks stronger than ever surely atleast Opens up the speculation. Moreover, Wladimir had a history of gassing out in the later rounds, that is not happening anymore, could be EPO use, but that is just speculation.

Alexander Povetkin has indirectly pointed fingers at Wladimir, and although he was the IBF challenger never fought him. He had wanted OST for the fight as the whole Pac-Floyd thing. The fight never happened, but can't say if that was the reason why? Povetkin has made injuries as excuse before. I wonder if David haye asked the Klits for random OSt WILL THey still fight?

THe fact that Vitali was kicked out of the olympic team for testing positive also can't be denied, and still puts some quesiton marks out there. Of course, if there was universal body in boxing that had standard random tests it will help curb the possibility of fighters taking PEDS.

People assume you are a hater if you just bring up the possibility of PED use. But i think it is rather silly or naive to think that the possibilities of rampant PED use is non-existent.

I use to be a big fan of baseball, but look at how many guys have later been implicated with PED use or admitted it: Mcgwire, Canseco, Clemens, Bonds, Palmerio, ARod, Giambi, etc.

I won't say the problem is as problematic in boxing, but i am sure there are fighters on PEDs, and like anything else, it takes years before some of this is either leaked or we learn about a fighter dying young or having health problems.

In Football Reggie White died very young, and there was speculation he did take PEDS. As baseball player Ken Caminiti(sp?) who came out of nowhere to win a MVP award, and later admitted to PED use before he died.

Comment

Originally posted by EMSLDB View Post
                Maybe pacquiao nobody has been able to carry his punching power that many weight classes.
                Tommy Hearns carried his ko power from welter all the way to light heavyweight

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                There is no doubt in my mind Holyfield was juicing. I'd put my entire family's life on the line with this one.

Easy money.
                I feel the same way.

Comment

James Toney looked a little suspect in the Holyfield fight.

Pac weighs 3 more pounds in the ring than he did fighting at 130, 3 years ago (and he's not as ripped as he was then to boot.) That would have to be some awfully weak steroids. He was a fair bit lighter when he turned pro, but he was also only 16 years old, and from a very poor family.
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-30-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Lennox Lewis
                    Mike Tyson
                    Michael Moorer
                    George Foreman
                    Evander Holyfield
                    David Haye
                    Vitali Klitschko
                    Wlad Klitschko
                    Floyd Mayweather
                    Fernando Vargas
                    Shannon Briggs