No announcement yet.

Williams targets Pac... wtf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
    Truth is, i'm getting a bit sick of cats calling out a fighter that they know they have little chance of fighting (do to the in house special)...

Real talk, I wish Pac would take this fight! Paul Williams is nothing special...He is not improving as a fighter. He simply relies on his activity. Size is not really a factor with Williams, he has yet to show he can use it properly.

It was proven (as I stated) in the Cintron fight. Paul is ripe for the taking! People can focus on the Cintron dive out of the ring all they want, but the facts are, Paul was slow, and there to be hit. The two times he was caught, he was rocked...The second time buckled him.

People really seem to forget that movement does bother Williams. Manny doesn't just come forward you know. **** it! I think Manny can beat Williams.

I for one am all for the fight! It won't happen though.

Before the huggers attack me, sure Williams can win this fight...But if you look past all the height and reach avantages he has over Manny, then understand that he may not use them anyway. This becomes a very interesting fight!

Just remember people, every chin has it's breaking point (Margo/Shane), and Williams chin has been getting check left and right as of late. This may be the fight to shatter it.

Hope the fight happens, I doubt it though...
    True, Williams isn't Tommy Hearns. And didn't look so good in his last outing which Martinez noted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      Yes, it is "easier" than prior years with what some other fighters had to go through.

More titles, more divisions, and even a possible watered down era of talent.

Let's put it this way: If Pac had to face Paul Williams when Williams had the title at WW, do you think he wins?
      Or how about if we upped the stakes and made the ocean bigger than this current state, and had a Prime Tommy Hearns in this division. Do you think Pac wins?
      Now imagine all of those fighters that "could have been" Champions if it weren't for that freak of nature named Tommy Hearns. Or Sugar Ray Robinson and the list goes on.

Some eras are easier to conquer than others.

In the future, if fewer people box and the art of boxing slowly declines...and/or we add even more divisions and more belts...there might be someone to come along and be 15 division Champ.
      Well we can't bet on it as this will takes a lifetime. Maybe someone will do it but you have to take a closer look who are his opponents when get those titles. Pac when you look at his opponents where he got those titles. Do you think will be easy for someone to get pass on these quality of opponents if you are not something especial?
      Last edited by whirlwind; 07-23-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
        Well we can't bet on it as this will takes a lifetime. Maybe someone will do it but you have to take a closer look who are his opponents when get those titles. Pac when you look at his opponents where he got those titles. Do you think will be easy for someone to get pass on these quality of opponents if you not something especial?
        Diaz?

Post Plasterd Cotto?

Post-KO'd Hatton who looked terrible in the Lazcano fight?

Forget who he fought at 130 for the title to win it. Was it Morales?
        I remember he lost to Morales the first time around and won the second fight. Although that was after Morales lost to Zahir Raheem and looked a bit drained coming back down in weight.

I guess I'll stick with the Diaz, Post-KO'd Cotto and Hatton for now.

Pac's a special fighter no matter what though. Just not quite what some make him out to be as the greatest.

Comment

True, Williams isn't Tommy Hearns. And didn't look so good in his last outing which Martinez noted as well.
          You know Benny, I just do see any changes from when he burst on the seen on friday night fights, Then HBO, to now.

Paul has a jab that doesn't do anything, an uppercut that he throws from to far away most of the time, and uses the same head movement pattern every fight...Like a robot or something. Not to mention, the Verno fight was like one of the only fights he went to the body! The man never goes down stairs...He is a head hunter, pure and simple.

I have been saying it for a while now, the man is not improving!...

Just to be all real, Paul is starting to worry me (as a fan), you can see the wars maybe starting to take a toll on him...Hints, the reason he wants a huge name, and payday so bad.

Also why I think he doesn't want 50/50 with Martinez. He knows they may just pick up right where they left off. I think Paul is sensing his time is short...But that's just me.
          Last edited by HandSpeed303; 07-23-2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Diaz?

Post Plasterd Cotto?

Post-KO'd Hatton who looked terrible in the Lazcano fight?

Forget who he fought at 130 for the title to win it. Was it Morales?
            I remember he lost to Morales the first time around and won the second fight. Although that was after Morales lost to Zahir Raheem and looked a bit drained coming back down in weight.

I guess I'll stick with the Diaz, Post-KO'd Cotto and Hatton for now.

Pac's a special fighter no matter what though. Just not quite what some make him out to be as the greatest.
            It is easier to say than done and we can do that to other greats as well. I go to boxing historian like Bert Sugar for his unbiased opinion about Pac than all the wannabe boxing expert here in NSB. You are a good poster. If you can dissect the negative side of Pac's greatness then what more you can do about Floyd's career to shut up all his hilarious fans.
            Last edited by whirlwind; 07-23-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
              You know Benny, I just do see any changes from when he burst on the seen on friday night fights, Then HBO, to now.

Paul has a jab that doesn't do anything, an uppercut that he throws from to far away most of the time, and uses the same head movement pattern every fight...Like a robot or something. Not to mention, the Verno fight was like one of the only fights he went to the body! The man never goes down stairs...He is a head hunter, pure and simple.

I have been saying it for a while now, the man is not improving!...

Just to be all real, Paul is starting to worry me (as a fan), you can see the wars maybe starting to take a toll on him...Hints, the reason he wants a huge name, and payday so bad.

Also why I think he doesn't want 50/50 with Martinez. He knows they may just pick up right where they left off. I think Paul is sensing his time is short...But that's just me.
              He hasn't. I, and others, have said he needed to bring in another trainer to help add to his arsenal and clean him up so to speak. His defense is his offense.

If you look at Hearns, he was a very good boxer. Incredible jab, sharp punches, accurate, balance, combinations, and so on.

Comment

Why is Wlad ducking PWill? Is he scurred?

Oh and why is Floyd ducking Vitali Klitschko? I hear K2 is going to put a clock on their page and give Floyd a week to accept their deal.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                  It is easier to say than done and we can do that to other greats as well. I go to boxing historian like Bert Sugar for his unbiased opinion about Pac than all the wannabe boxing expert here in NSB. You are a good poster. If you can dissect the negative side of Pac's greatness then what more you can do about Floyd's career to shut up all his hilarious fans.
                  he isn't taken that seriously.

You can't stop the facts that Roach himself said both Cotto and Hatton weren't the same. Or how he avoided Mosley on purpose. Cotto's belt was a Paper title. It shouldn't mean a thing. The Man in the division was Margarito then Mosley. Hatton, he may have held the title still at 140, but we all saw what happened to him when he finally stepped up to Floyd. There were better opponents at 140 at the time than a fading Hatton.

And Diaz...forget it.

Floyd's career can be ripped as well. I've said so myself. Specifically at 147.

Also remember, the importance of modern nutrition and science that Pac has taken advantage of that some of the past greats, who also fought in less divisions, with less belts, many had problems getting fights or just couldn't get fights for one reason or another...didn't have that luxury of Ariza and Teri Tom.
                  But of course, Pac has every right to take that to his advantage because it is there.

Again, as long as you recognize the Heavyweights are greater than the lower weight divisions because they don't have a problem with how tall or how heavy you are. Or the likes of Sam Langford who didn't care as well. Just don't put Pac or Floyd in front of the likes of Sam Langford "P4P" all time.
                  Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X