No announcement yet.

Roach: "I'd take him [Katsidis] in a heartbeat, no problem"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach: "I'd take him [Katsidis] in a heartbeat, no problem"

His views on Amir Khan’s eleventh round technical knockout against Paulie Malignaggi:
    “I thought he fought a great fight. We knew the jab was the key going into the fight and he really dictated the pace with that jab and I was very happy with his performance.”

On whether he was at all surprised that Malignaggi lasted as long as he did:
    “You know, he did a lot of damage but he’s a real tough guy. He’s never been stopped before. I mean, his corner stopped the fight one time and he was enraged. There’s no quit in him. It was good to get the rounds in for my guy experience-wise, but it just surprises me that he went as far as he did because he was taking a lot of big shots..”

On how he believes Amir Khan has improved as a fighter since they began working together:
    “Well you know, I got Amir after getting knocked out by Prescott and we worked for about a month together and then I put him in his first sparring session with Manny Pacquiao. People questioned me and said, ‘Are you sure you want to do that?’ It was kind of a test for him. He was either going home or showing me that he could fight. He showed me that he could still fight so we got rid of the demons of the Prescott tragedy for him and he’s been confident and just getting better, making fewer mistakes, holding to a game plan, and fighting the right fight by breaking fighters down and then taking them out at the end.”

On where he feels Amir Khan stands amongst the best in the talented rich 140 pound weight class:
    “I think he’s the best out there potentially. He’s only 23 now, he’s very young. I think if we fight Maidana we won’t lose a round against him. I know he’s a big puncher but that’s all he does. Devon Alexander, I mean he’s been on TV once. Nobody really knows him yet. He’s a good southpaw, yes, but fighting the likes of Urango as your big test—I have no problem with Amir fighting him, either. Timothy Bradley, he’s a very improved fighter, I think he’s the most dangerous guy out there with us, but eventually we’ll get to him also, I’m sure.”

On who he would like to see Khan fight next:
    “I’d like to see him fight Maidana next and then let Bradley and Alexander fight each other and the winners go onto fight each other for the unification of the 140 pound division.”

Regarding a possible showdown between Khan and Michael Katsidis:
    “I’d take him in a heartbeat, no problem.”
    Source: e a s t side
    Last edited by wazaa.; 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM.

looks like katsidis pulled a marquez.

Comment

Marquez vs. Khan at 140 would have been a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
        Marquez vs. Khan at 140 would have been a good fight.
        It could be PPV actually.

Comment

Of course he would take a career lightweight for his big jr. welter.

Comment

khan would RAPE kat...forreal. dude would be a bullet, kat would be the target...or in this case punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Where is the out rage. Oh yea only if floyd does it .

Comment

katsidis would be to khan... as hatton was to pacquiao, but in 5 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Exactly. This thread is pure self ownage.

I'm sure they'd love to fight 130 pounders too.

Ooooooohhh... Khan is crazy!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X