Collapse
No announcement yet.

klitschko/briggs possible? uh oh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wladimir against Briggs is easily worse than Garcia-Salka. There's no exaggeration when I say that I'd fear for Briggs' mortality.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
      Wladimir against Briggs is easily worse than Garcia-Salka. There's no exaggeration when I say that I'd fear for Briggs' mortality.
      if it happens we can put the blame on all these moronic briggs supporters in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
        you what??? how the hell is this fight worst then salka??

salka never posed a threat not even a punchers chance of a threat..he was also coming up 2 weight classes...even the wbc and wba would not let there titles be on the line....

we know if briggs lands its over, briggs is also ranked number 7 by the wba briggs is also a two time former champ and on time linel also...please think b4 u post

LETSGOCHAMP
        IMTHECHAMPANDHEISTHECHUMP

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          wlad's the same guy that put pressure on the ibf to make leapai his mandatory because leapai won a 10 round fight against an unknown bum. briggs would probably beat leapai.
          Maybe Briggs should fight leapai and if he wins, maybe he'll get to fight wlad. It's like being ok with James Toney fighting wlad, both shot to pieces and haven't done anything at all to deserve the fight

Comment

Wlad is clearly running scared of 2FAST. After a decent win against Pulev, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that Wlad is going back to feasting on tomato cans.

Saying that, I'm more interested in Wlad-Briggs than Wlad-Jennings. Both will get KTFO but at least the build up with Briggs will be entertaining.

LETS GO CHAMP!!!!!

Comment

Money talks: #Letsgochamp

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. Briggs needs to fight someone before even thinking of Wlad. He was never even a big name in boxing. He was just known for getting KTFO by Lennox and Vital.

I really hope Wlads 2015 looks like...Jennings in April, Fury in July/August, then Stiverne/Wilder winner next winter. That would be one of Wlads best years ever. All young up and coming guys. Can't sleep on Jennings though the man can scrap!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Wlad recently fought Alex Leapai, a guy who made Kevin Johnson look like Mike Tyson, and you're mad that Klitschko might fight Shannon Briggs. Unreal.

C'mon son. Let's go champ!

For every Povetkin, Pulev, and David Haye that Wlad fights, there's always some Tony Thompsons and Alex Leapais inbetween. Luckily, Wladimir usually fights three times a year, so there's plenty of opportunity for everyone that wants it to get KTFO by Wladimir.

Briggs not only wants to get KTFO, he's begging! It would be a great promotion and a fun fight. Make it happen.
                  If only that were true, top 10 guys in bold:

2009: once - Chagaev
                  2010: twice - Chambers, Peter
                  2011: once - Haye
                  2012: thrice - Mormeck, Thompson, Wach
                  2013: twice - Pianeta, Povetkin
                  2014: twice - Leapai, Pulev

Basically, he fights one top 10 opponent every year while holding three belts, the last three top 10 opponents have been enforced on him.

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  Wladimir Klitschko will disgrace himself if he fights a faded old bum like Shannon Briggs, considering there are several better, more deserving opponents to choose from such as Fury and Jennings.
                  Difficult to gauge Briggs, he doesn't deserve the shot but does Jennings? and would Jennings definitely beat Briggs?

Both fights are pointless, Jennings the more deserving and he has top 10 status but Briggs would at least bring some lulz in the build-up and a big punch.

But, as I said, neither fight should be made.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  wlad's the same guy that put pressure on the ibf to make leapai his mandatory because leapai won a 10 round fight against an unknown bum. briggs would probably beat leapai.
                  That was the WBO.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 12-05-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

The fight wouldn't be fun at all if it actually happened. The build-up would be somewhat amusing, but the fight itself would be a farce. Wlad would beat Briggs to a pulp and stop him in three rounds, and everyone would by crying about the disgrace to boxing we just witnessed afterwards, especially the US boxing media.

Comment

Briggs is the backup plan in case Wlad's stuck having to take another Mormeck. It's pretty obvious.

Comment

Working...
                      X