No announcement yet.

RIP Shane Del Rosario

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Shane Del Rosario

Heavyweight Shane Del Rosario has died after suffering sudden cardiac arrest at his home on Tuesday morning.

Doctors at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, California, modulated Del Rosario's body temperature near 90 degrees Fahrenheit using an Arctic Sun Temperature Management System, in hopes of inducing a therapeutic hypothermia and restarting his body and brain functions. But it was confirmed on Thursday that he has died.

Del Rosario's coach Colin Oyama posted on Facebook: "The Del Rosario family and I, and all of our family, team-mates and friends thank everyone for their prayers and support. God has a different path for Shane to take and instead has chosen to take Him away from us to be with his forefathers in Heaven. Yet through all of this our Faith in GOD remains unwavering."

According to a statement released by Del Rosario's family and doctors, the 30-year-old suffered a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse and was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure.

Sherdog.com reported that UFC flyweight and roommate Ian McCall found Del Rosario. McCall called 911 and administered CPR to Del Rosario.

Under Oyama's tutelage, Del Rosario stopped the first 11 fighters he faced in MMA competition before being badly injured in April 2011 when a drunken driver struck his car from behind.

During a 14-month absence, herniated disks prompted contemplation of retirement. Del Rosario fought on and entered the UFC in May 2012, only to get stopped by Stipe Miocic. That was followed by a knockout loss last in December to Pat Barry.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/stor...rsZFRd4TwPY.99

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/261687.html
    Last edited by Dorian; 11-28-2013, 05:18 PM.

Man..I heard about his heart attack recently and I was hoping he would make it through. Tragic.
    RIP

Comment

Dana just tweeted about it too.

Sad to see anyone go at 30.

Comment

Conflicting reports. Apparently he's on life support machine. For Dana to tweet 'RIP' when the guy hasn't died yet is extremely disrespectful.

Comment

Shane del Rosario is currently on life support in a California hospital after suffering sudden cardiac arrest in his home on Tuesday.

According to his manager Jason House, del Rosario has a "very, very, very slim chance" of surviving. House said the 30-year-old fighter would need "a miracle."

"Shane had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home on Tuesday morning," House said in a statement issued Wednesday. "He was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure."

Doctors at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, Calif. modulated del Rosario's body temperature by using the Arctic Sun Temperature Management System, which cools down the body to a hypothermic state in an effort to revitalize the brain and organs. Unfortunately at this time, del Rosario has yet to show any activity in his brain.

Doctors wanted to give del Rosario 72 hours to respond to the treatment, which will come to an end Friday morning. If he does not improve, the family is expected to decide whether or not to take him off life support. However, it is important to note that despite multiple initial reports stating del Rosario had passed away, he is still on life support as of Thursday evening.

"My brother friend and teammate is not gone yet no matter what you have heard! Pray for him," UFC flyweight Ian McCall tweeted Thursday evening.
          Last edited by Dorian; 11-28-2013, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Rip

Comment

I cannot believe Dana tweeted 'RIP' before the guy died. He's still not dead. And he hasn't removed that tweet either.

Comment

He just got taken off life support and showing good signs!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                  I cannot believe Dana tweeted 'RIP' before the guy died. He's still not dead. And he hasn't removed that tweet either.
                  I am wondering what is going on... seriously... Dead? braindead? alive and ok?

Comment

On November, 30 it was announced that del Rosario's condition had improved as he is now off life support and is breathing on his own he also registered brain activity and squeezed his mother’s hand. Doctors believe del Rosario may be suffering from a rare heart condition called Long QT Syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                    X