Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez Deal is Close For 12/8, Says Beltran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant say im super pumped, but other than Floyd....who else is there to fight!?!?!?!?!??! If anything....i would be super pumped if this fight was on HBO and not PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Like I said years ago, Pac = Clown.

He will walk away from this fight the loser again. Nobody will want to see him fight Floyd after.

I will be really shocked if Bob allows pac to fight someone he can't beat again before cashing out on the Mayweather fight. The fact that they wanted Cotto (at catchweight) again validates that they wanted a look good fight..
      Your post makes no sense.

He's taking the fight with the most money. So its high risk, high reward.

If he wanted an easy fight he'd fight Bradley again

Marquez is a level above Bradley.

Comment

from the get go, everyone knows that pac has a short list of opponents and cotto, marquez, bradley where the leading candidates, really I dont mind who gets selected but IMHO among the 3 Marquez is the clearly the highest risk opponent...

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
          Ya know what?
          Manny BEAT Bradley 9 to 3 in stanzas but has had razor thin victories against the one cat who has his number.

Marquez is boring?
          Anyone thinking he is may simply be tired of the PPV heists that promoters infringe upon a weakened economy and that is not a prizefight tale, it's a business saga.

Mayweather is the bore as he evidently refuses to engage Pac for reasons that are at this point sad, sickening and ridiculous.

Floyd's legs are fading fast and he will wait until the clock nears midnight to make the final score his lifestyle demands.

Pac/Mayweather, November, 2013
          YAWN.
          You claim Mayweather refuses to engage Pacquiao? Based on what? Arum and Pacquiao have been discussing Pac's next opponent for months now and where have they once mentioned Mayweather? Have they been banging his door down demanding a fight in December? Have they called Mayweather out? Challenged him? Made him a financial offer?
          Who the hell knows why the fight hasn't happened yet. I would suggest Bob Arum has a lot to do with it.
          Back to the topic of the thread: I sure as hell won't be parting with any cash to watch this again. Fair play JMM for being so competitive as to earn a 4th payday but Pacquiao is a joke for allowing them to palm this fight off on him again

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
            Cant say im super pumped, but other than Floyd....who else is there to fight!?!?!?!?!??! If anything....i would be super pumped if this fight was on HBO and not PPV.
            Robert Guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
              Your post makes no sense.

He's taking the fight with the most money. So its high risk, high reward.

If he wanted an easy fight he'd fight Bradley again

Marquez is a level above Bradley.
              No, he wanted a fight to look good in. Anyone Pac or Floyd fights they get paid. It's not about the money, it's about Bob wanting Pac to look better than he really is so they can have more leverage at the negotiating table vs Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
                If Arum really cared for the boxing public (and not for his pockets), he would put this fight on HBO. If the fight is close and Marquez wins, I'm prepared for them to announce a 5th one lol.

Comment

10 years from now we'll be talking about pacquiao marquez XV.
                  Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 09-03-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
                    10 years from know we'll be talking about pacquiao marquez XV.
                    damn is that a superbowl number??? lol

Comment

BOOOOOOO, this is what Manny and Arum wanted from the get go. It take you 4 times to get the job done smh I'm not buying this re-run. I'll rather watch Canelo against someone like K9.

Comment

Working...
                      X