No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy Hearns Protege Blasts Amateur Boxing After Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tommy Hearns Protege Blasts Amateur Boxing After Loss

LONDON — Trinidad's Carlos Suarez, who built up to the Olympics by training with US legend Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns for six years, blasted amateur boxing as a game of "tag" on Tuesday.

The 19-year-old American-born fighter -- who qualified for Trinidad through his mother -- lost 16-6 to Turkish battler Ferhat Perlivan, but had little good to say after his brief moment in the Olympic spotlight.

[Click Here To Read More]

i agree 100%

next games will be better, no headgear, 10 point system

Comment

Originally posted by Fat< View Post
      i agree 100%

Not sure if the no headgear will be a good decision. If there's any kind of injury that occurs during a fight such as a serious cut, it would suck if the fighter cannot continue to the next round because of it.

Comment

i agree 100%

There was no headgear before in the Olympics, its the "Tag" scoring/mentality that needs to be looked at in amateur boxing.

Comment

he's right i can't stand the way the olmpics is being handled now.

Comment

i agree 100%

^^^^^^^^^
            its about fawkin time!!!!!!!!

Comment

The kid's right, but it's sour grapes; he knew what the rules are like going in. He's fought as an amateur for years. If he's done with the system, let him go pro. No one's stopping him.

Comment

Oh well, then make like Tommy Hearns who turned his amateur disappointment into an excellent pro career.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Not sure if the no headgear will be a good decision. If there's any kind of injury that occurs during a fight such as a serious cut, it would suck if the fighter cannot continue to the next round because of it.
                  this is true.....i don't mind 10 point system though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    Exactly. Some of these guys like to go nuts in there and are always clashing heads.

Comment

Working...
                    X