No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Readying His Case, Training for Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Readying His Case, Training for Return

Junior-welterweight titleholder Lamont Peterson is still undergoing a medical review intended to bolster his case that the synthetic testosterone he took prior to his first fight with Amir Khan — a substance that triggered a positive drug test earlier this year prior to a planned Khan rematch — was taken for a legitimate need. [Click Here To Read More]

It's weak of them to say 'Peterson has been getting tested almost his entire life' as if that proves anything when the fact is that it was an unexpected random test that caught him out, and it tested for synthetic testosterone rather than just testing his levels. It was Lamont's camp that wanted extra testing, so to now try and say that the regular testing they did the rest of his career proves anything is nonsense.

To say that they are currently 'doing medical testing' to assess his natural testosterone is also somewhat beside the point. As the Sonnen case shows, if you have TRT and do not disclose it to the commission, you will still be banned because you still broke the rules.

It's also BS that the WBA still have him as champ, yet have Maidana as some kind of lesser 'regular' champ, and let Garcia fight Khan for the belt at the weekend. I know that's expected of them because they're such a money-hungry POS org, but it's still sad to read another case of it.

Comment

In response, I would like to say that 1) he asked for the test, that says enuff right there, he was not given any performance enhansing drug, it was a medical procedure because in contact sports you lose more testasterone than a normal person (fact) stop being sheeple people - its like we are back in the Salem Witch hunt days - people take these types of drugs normally for recouperation purposes to heal nagging injuries and to help with the rigors of training. Lamont peterson is from the streets literally !! he does not have the education that most of you keyboard thugs posses, he does have an opportunity to make some good $ with which he would have never had the opportunity unless he turned back to the streets. Let the man's team present the facts to other educated people so they can make a good educated decision on his career and not be swayed by extreme thinkers who jump from one bandwagon to the next. Oh this and oh that - I hate that the WBA still calls him their champion blah blah blah - this is one of the hardest jobs / sports on the planet, this man has been doing this since the age of 9 !! Its like you are at a University and get accused of cheating or plagerism, but you know you did not do either. That is when you fight for your case infront of other educated people so they can hear the facts and make a good educated decision - this is what we have here .....

Comment

They can create as much smoke as they want, but what we know so far doesn't sit that well.
        Lamont took Testosterone without anyone other than his team and a little hormone clinic in the middle of no where. He didn't think he needed to tell anyone or even remember much about it when first asked.

If it was so badly needed then, but its not needed now and Lamont is back in constant year round training, then why then, just before a big fight...lol

We all know whats going on

Comment

I hope the facts help clear LP name so he can get back to fighting again

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
            In response, I would like to say that 1) he asked for the test, that says enuff right there, he was not given any performance enhansing drug, it was a medical procedure because in contact sports you lose more testasterone than a normal person (fact) stop being sheeple people - its like we are back in the Salem Witch hunt days - people take these types of drugs normally for recouperation purposes to heal nagging injuries and to help with the rigors of training. Lamont peterson is from the streets literally !! he does not have the education that most of you keyboard thugs posses, he does have an opportunity to make some good $ with which he would have never had the opportunity unless he turned back to the streets. Let the man's team present the facts to other educated people so they can make a good educated decision on his career and not be swayed by extreme thinkers who jump from one bandwagon to the next. Oh this and oh that - I hate that the WBA still calls him their champion blah blah blah - this is one of the hardest jobs / sports on the planet, this man has been doing this since the age of 9 !! Its like you are at a University and get accused of cheating or plagerism, but you know you did not do either. That is when you fight for your case infront of other educated people so they can hear the facts and make a good educated decision - this is what we have here .....
            You think what you want to think. The rest of us will not be fooled by a doubt-casting lawyer. At the end of the day, the only fact that matters is that Lamont and his team were asked before the Amir Khan fight if he had recently taken "any" kind of drug or medicine (that he had never taken before) and they said no!!! They said NO!

Comment

I just wanna see him back in the ring. Maybe im being naive but I really hope Lamont didnt try to cheat. It's a lot going down at 140 and I would really like to see him in the mix with the top guys

Comment

Phuck anyone backing this lame excuse cheater, Fact is he is a fuc*ing cheat period, idiots can fall for his excuses for all reasons known to them, but unbiase boxing fans who just want to see clean fights/fighters don't stand for this moronic excuses, You make your bed you lay in it!

Comment

Looks like con Will have no excuses for this loss haha war peterson

Comment

I can't beleive some ppl are backing this cheater

Comment

Working...
                    X