No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez' best performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Cesar Chavez' best performance?

Which fights of JCC you think showcased his boxing skills the best?

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
    Which fights of JCC you think showcased his boxing skills the best?
    Without a doubt the Rosario fight.

Comment

Yeah I'll go with Rosario too. Or how about fights that showed his toughness? Also, how come the judges usually gave him the nod in close fights or ones that shouldn't have been close. They ruled the Whitaker fight a draw when most say Whitaker should've gotten a unanimous decision and then Frankie Randall only won because on one scorecard he won by one point and that was only because of Richard Steele taking 2 points away for low blows when Randall should've won by a wider margin. Everyone I've talked to that saw that fight thinks Randall clearly won that first fight by several points. It shouldn't have taken 2 penalties for Randall to get that decision.

I'm still a big Chavez fan though, but he definitely got some preferential treatment sometimes is all I'm saying. Don King and the corrupt WBC coming in to play there again? It's not like he needed it either, Chavez was a great fighter and a warrior, so let the guy win on his own merits, which he seemed to do a lot of the time, at least on his televised US fights. I thought he looked good against Roger Mayweather too.
      Last edited by Anthony342; 04-22-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Best win is Camacho but his best performances are

1.Rosario
        2.Mayweather 1
        3.Haugen

Comment

Rosario was a top ten lb4lb fighter, the sport's best puncher, and Chavez moved up in weight to face him. Chavez walked right through him and administered one of the most complete and brutal beatings in boxing history.

Comment

Nothing can top the Rosario fight, such a polished and dominant performance against a fighter who shouldnt be dominated. Everything Chavez did was great in this fight, offensively and defensively he looked unreal, and whenever he did get hit by Rosario he shook it off like it was nothing.

Comment

He had a real good fight against Ruben Castillo at 130, also his title winning 130 fight against Azabache Martinez, who later knocked down Azumah Nelson but was robbed of the decision.

Comment

Rosario! The Camacho win was great too because Camacho was undefeated (forget that touch gloves crap) and Chavez damn near shut him out

Comment

Call me crazy but I think he had peaked in the early 90's around the time of Camacho and Haugen. He was strong as a bull in those fights. Also, he was amazing in the Terrence Alli fight. His top best performances were Castillo, Rosario, Camacho, Haugen, and Taylor(1 &2..) Even though he was behind in Taylor 1...

Comment

Yup, the Rosario fight. Completely brutalized him.

Comment

Working...
                    X