No announcement yet.

Khan has no inside game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan has no inside game

Amir can't complain about the decision, since he was warned multiple times by the referee about pushing. The real issue is his lack of inside game, or its non existent.

In Dwyer's prediction video, he reflected the sentiments of most, by pointing out that Khan would be able to keep Peterson on the outside comfortably, even comparing his ability to do so with W. Klitschko's. The difference though is the size disparities, Khan was matched by someone who has his size and strength, and having an inside game was key to winning the fight.

It's really disappointing, especially as a Khan fan, because it was hinted that Khan has been working on his inside game for this fight, but all he did was tuck up and eat uppercuts and hooks, rarely throwing anything effective in the pocket. I also don't understand why he goes crazy every time he eats a shot. He acts so macho and forgets about boxing at times. We get it Khan, you're not chinny. Heck I'd say you have a decent chin, but you need to get over the stigma of being called chinny and focus on what's important. Hating on DC was really not cool either, in the post fight interview.

Khan has huge potential, he looked breathtaking at times on the outside. If Khan learned to fight better on the inside, I'm confident he would become a legitimate pound for pound fighter, and he would blow out guys like Peterson and even Bradley. Yeah, I said it. Hypothetically though.

Oh, and an immediate rematch is due of course.

he has no inside game at all, everytime peterson got inside, khan would push him., thats why he got point deducted

Comment

yup, no inside game, everytime peterson got in, he would try push him, and thats why he had a point taken away. i thought khan would have learnt that with all them hours in the gym.

Comment

I've always said Khan had no inside game & that was Petersons strength but tbh I did not expect Peterson to be able to cut the ring off & get in the pocket like that.

Khan is chinny, he was rocked, stunned & buckled multiple times against Peterson who really isn't a big puncher, at all.

He was saved by the ref against an exhausted Maidana.

KTFO BY Prescott.

Dropped by the feather fisted Willie Limmond & down for 13 seconds.

Floored heavily vs 'super featherweight' Michael Gomez

Dropped several times in the AM's by light-punchers.

The guy is chinny, lets not try deny it. Everytime anybody buzzes that glass chin he pulls that ridiculous face & has to showboat to try prove he has a chin but that backfired when he did that on the ropes last night & he ate a big right hook that nearly sent him through the ropes.

Comment

Khan doesnt even know how to fight on the back-foot, he doesnt know how to prevent himself from getting the uppercut through his guard and his corner dont really know how to turn things around when things doesnt seem to be going his way, I thought Peterson won with all the point deductions and i feel he deserve to win having watch the fight.

Comment

Its certainly one of his major flaws, Roach needs to get to work on that

Comment

I agree, and dwyers opinion is nothing

Comment

You fail by referring to a comment made by Dwyer. But aside from that, the fight was like watching the Maidana fight all over again. Watching Peterson hunting Amir was hilarious and the fact that Amir would just allow himself to get hit with the onslaught of shots was very disturbing.

Khan will improve for the rematch and hopefully it takes place in the UK or even Vegas but his delusions of fighting let alone beating Mayweather should be forgotten. He would get even more exposed with his weak defense and his speed would count for nothing.

Comment

I don't understand why they hadn't taught him how to fight on the inside, when against Maidana it was glaringly obvious he needed it. It has been a whole year!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
                    You fail by referring to a comment made by Dwyer. But aside from that, the fight was like watching the Maidana fight all over again. Watching Peterson hunting Amir was hilarious and the fact that Amir would just allow himself to get hit with the onslaught of shots was very disturbing.

Khan will improve for the rematch and hopefully it takes place in the UK or even Vegas but his delusions of fighting let alone beating Mayweather should be forgotten. He would get even more exposed with his weak defense and his speed would count for nothing.
                    I referred to Dwyer's statement, because it pretty much characterised how everyone else thought about this fight, and we were all wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X