• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik reflects on battles with alcoholism

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...hab/index.html

Pretty good read for those interested.

Yeah I agree.

I think he needs to leave Youngstown and maybe try out another trainer.

He's given a lot back to his town and been with his current trainer since forever, no shame in starting again with someone else.

He wins back the championship and hollywood might come knocking.

Good luck Ghost.

Comment

Poor Kid...

He was not indeed prepared for the star status the media and fans accorded to him.

Mentally, it got him nowhere...

no wonder he lost the ability to be competitive in the ring against slick and tough warriors like hopkins and martinez. He could not find the toughness inside him, he was broken in those two tough fights.

It was not so much the physical, but more of the mental that he lost those fights.

Comment

A new trainer and more importantly new cutman would help.

Comment

That was a good article. I wish him all the best. Should be intersting to see his comeback fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
            Yeah new trainer definately would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
              Most elite fighters don't have the same trainer since the first day they put on boxing gloves.

Pavlik has remained very loyal to Jack Lowe, which I respect. But I think he's learned about all he could from the guy, and a new trainer could really benefit Pavlik.

He's still a young guy and only has 2 losses.

Comment

he needs to join Alcoholics Anonymous.

Comment

Good to see he's not going to entirely drink his career away. But at 28, I'm not sure a new trainer would help him. He maybe too set in his ways at this stage of his boxing career. Manny Steward could help, but being with his life-long trainer is just part of his appeal. He just to stay off the bottle, get a new cutman, move and act like he's a no name contender.

Comment

Getting into street fights and causing car accidents isn't the way to go.

Anyways, he's been clean 4 months now. I hope he can stay sober and get his life and career back on track.

It's a shame he still doesn't realize he has a problem and can't give a clear answer when asked if he'll ever start drinking again.

Comment

Working...
                    X