Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Jones: I want Cowboys Stadium to be the 'Madison Square Garden' of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Jones: I want Cowboys Stadium to be the 'Madison Square Garden' of boxing

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones recently talked about the Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey fight at Cowboys Stadium on March 13 to ESPN Radio:

10:15 AM Mon, Feb 22, 2010
    Mark Francescutti/Sports Editor

Some highlights:

"I spent two days in Mexico. They are such huge boxing fans, the biggest boxing fans in the world today are Mexican sports fans. That aligns beautifully with our fans, with what we want to do with the Dallas Cowboys. I was still heart-broke over not getting to play in the (NFC) championship game, but there I was, talking it up because I know what boxing might could mean to our stadium.

"We'll drop (the Stadium big screen) down probably another 25, 30 feet for the fight. I could envision some classic fights annually. ... I really think that we could be really be a special place to fight. ... Maybe we could be like Madison Square Garden when it comes to boxing."

that's awesome. I just hope pac-clottey is a success so jerry jones can get big fights there often

Comment

Jerry Jones is the man .

if Pac fights 3-5 times in Cowboys stadium it definitely can help it get big for boxing events.

Comment

They should stage the final fight of the Super-six there.

Comment

dallas stadium will be pac's new home for fighting

too bad floyd loves his xylocaine too much to even consider fighting in dallas

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
            Jerry Jones is the man .

if Pac fights 3-5 times in Cowboys stadium it definitely can help it get big for boxing events.

dont worry, margarito and shane next ez hehe

Comment

Cowboys stadium is a big boost to boxings popularity

Comment

good b/c I feel vegas is killing boxing

Comment

Working...
                X