No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk Olympic Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oleksandr Usyk Olympic Video

Some people may remember him in the Olympics, he put on a couple impressive performances for Ukraine before the Italian Russo "beat him", racking up points by not landing yet getting scores for it, rabbit punching, and running worse than anything i'v seen in my life. Thank god Chakhiev ****ed him up

anyways here's a vid of him against the Chinese fighter, they're both leftys so it takes a round to feel him out but christ, round 3 and 4 are beautiful to watch

http://rutube.ru/tracks/949734.html?...33c22d00bd5e0f

my favourite fighter from the Olympics hands down.

What's going on with him?

That Russo encapsulates everything wrong with the Amatuer system, he would be a god-awful pro.

Comment

Dude looks like roy jones in there

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
        my favourite fighter from the Olympics hands down.

What's going on with him?

That Russo encapsulates everything wrong with the Amatuer system, he would be a god-awful pro.
        agree 100% Camarelle is a good fighter, i like him but Russo, that honestly made me depressed that someone like that could get to where he is with such a cowardly approach. the Italian team should of been to ashame to let him represent their country

Usyk i'm not to sure, i think there was talk of him turning pro but it didn't happen as far as i know. Ukraine with him and Vasyl Lomachenko with definitely medal at any competition. Lomachenko vs Pacquiao in 2012!
        Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 05-07-2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

If lomachenko turns pro he will tko Pacman, no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
            agree 100% Camarelle is a good fighter, i like him but Russo, that honestly made me depressed that someone like that could get to where he is with such a cowardly approach. the Italian team should of been to ashame to let him represent their country

Usyk i'm not to sure, i think there was talk of him turning pro but it didn't happen as far as i know. Ukraine with him and Vasyl Lomachenko with definitely medal at any competition. Lomachenko vs Pacquiao in 2012!
            Yeah Camarelle could bang.

Russo was horrible, he had the system down to a tee. He never threw any jabs because he knew they were rarely scored, he only threw straight-punches of his rear-hand and that was all.

James DeGale was similar.

The system favours fast pot-shooters, who don't engage, and don't throw with any conviction. Guys with no punching power, who have adapted the computer system and manipulated it.

Apart from Lomachenko and Usyk, and all the British fighters (because I looked out for them: not because they were great) I can't really remember any outstanding fighters. That Chakiev was ordinary and I think he won gold at heavy.

Comment

But Lomachenko and Usyk seemed alot more than just impressive. Lomachenko, i am almost certain would go down as an HoF fighter if he ever turns pro.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
                But Lomachenko and Usyk seemed alot more than just impressive. Lomachenko, i am almost certain would go down as an HoF fighter if he ever turns pro.
                I'd hold my fire on that really.

Imagine if Amir Khan had stayed Amateur for Beijing, he would have looked like a golden god and been next to unbeatable and like an absolute machine. And still at only 21.

There is always, that issue, of can they take one.

Comment

Working...
                X