Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennis heads: Who's taking Wimbledon this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Nadal gets turned over by an unknown.

Federer beats Tsonga. Murray beats Federer.

Djokovic rapes Murray in the final in straight sets.

Murray procedes to cry on court.

Camera pans to Murray's mother and hot girlfriend crying.
    My Man

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Well that's that. Rafa is gone, Djokovic has a pretty straight run to the finals. Ferrer isn't going to bother him. Djokovic likely takes Wimbledon unless one of those Swede beasts start hammering shots on the grass.

Anyone knows if Tsonga is in Djokovic's half? Still won't pose much of a threat but Tsonga is a top 10 player.
      Rafa and Djokovic weren't in the same half anyway. Rafa, Federer and Murray are all in the same half for some reason.

Kristina Mladenovic is alright...

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        Murray can beat Federer so can Djokovic. They can all pretty much beat each other, it's just about who performs on the day. If we get the Federer that turned up in the Olympic 2012 finals then he's toast. He has to hope he does not expand much energy until he get's to the semis. If it got to the final, I would favor Federer over Murray because of his experience and track record vs Murray in slam finals but it's so close to call this year. Murray honestly seems to have improved his grass game (his forehand looks more potent especially), Federer has definitely declined more in the past year and Djokovic is still in great form (he played well despite losing to Nadal in the French Open final). Best time to beat Djokovic is early on like Nadal, the longer the tournament goes on, the more it suits his game. Though against Murray, he'd prefer a faster court and slower vs Federer (in Federers case it's more about the ball bounce, the lower the better than the court speed).

I'm a fan of Tsonga as well, he plays entertaining tennis and is capable of some great shot-making, he is inconsistent though...
        Good points. I just don't think Murray is clutch in Majors. Even though he won the US Open, he always seems to falter and get steamrolled against the big dogs. I agree that he's much closer now than ever to creating a "big 4," and his confidence should be at its peak. I really hope he has made it over the mountain and realizes he is in their league and can beat them (because he can).

We'll see, though. I agree with your points of trying to get them out early. Murray has fresher legs than Fed and that will always help him. If Djoker is in robot mode, then he will beat everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
          i seriously think it's nadals to lose , bearing in mind if his knees hold up. nobody has got his tenacity on the court whether it be wimbledon or any other tournament , federer is obviously past his prime and in my opinion is the only person to really halt nadal on nadals best day.

not taking anything away from djokovic as he is a great player
          and fu.ck did he lose it , how bloody wrong was i.

Comment

Working...
          X