Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats don't lie. Mayweather is not better than Ali or Sugar Ray.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats don't lie. Mayweather is not better than Ali or Sugar Ray.

[Long Winded EDIT:] I know a lot of people are saying a boxer can't be measured by stats, but quite frankly it's all we have. This chart is simply to put some perspective into the equation instead of just going off blind opinion. Which is perfectly fine, you can have your opinion. Personally, I think Mike Tyson is the greatest of all time. You put him in his prime with anybody at the same weight and he would kill. His style and skill were just amazing. And that is my opinion. If we just looked at each fighter at their prime this list would be different, but you can't deny the stats when you look at a fighters overall career, and that is what this is about.[/]

So everybody has heard by now how Mayweather feels about himself. I would expect nothing less from a fighter like him. But even so, I was bored and decided to compile stats from Boxrec, and came up with a graph based on 10 major stats that I personally feel are the most important when comparing fighters. All are not here obviously, but I took 5 of the most famous boxers who are usually brought into any pound-for-pound conversations and compared them. In the end, my list ended up like this and Mayweather is not number 1. Nobody needs to get butthurt. Just laying out the stats.

1.) Ali
    2.) Joe Louis
    3.) Sugar Ray Robinson
    4.) Floyd Mayweather
    5.) Mike Tyson
    6.) Rocky Marciano

Take a look for yourself. If you can appreciate this chart, fell free to share it. Thanks
    Last edited by tmac20031; 04-22-2015, 04:20 PM.

Damn fine story, bro.

Comment

Damn man,it's his opinion, why are ya'll taking so much stock in it? This isn't the first time he has said this. I think the sad part is you actually took time to put stats together...who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Damn man,it's his opinion, why are ya'll taking so much stock in it? This isn't the first time he has said this. I think the sad part is you actually took time to put stats together...who cares?
        No one is taking stock in anything. I understand his opinion. I am just putting out the stats.

Comment

those amateur stats shouldn't be there. then floyd and tyson will scramble for last place.

Comment

Originally posted by tmac20031 View Post
            No one is taking stock in anything. I understand his opinion. I am just putting out the stats.
            Ok???? What does this even prove? Robinson had more fights..commonsense..floyds not a ko puncher=means nothing,amateur wins=means nothing.........title defenses would be hard to measure since Floyd moved up 5 divisions while Ali stayed in 1

Comment

Its amazing out of over 200 fights Floyd has more title defenses then Robinson and more then Tyson and Marciano and they stayed in 1 division

Comment

i really dont care about this. Stats really cant be used to disprove a subjective opinion. There is no empirical way as well to tell who is the best ever boxer.

Comment

I'd have wins over top 10/5 rated fighters in my most important stats.

Comment

And Robinson was not undefeated in the Amateurs he lost to Billy Graham and Patsy Pesca under his given name, Walker Smith Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X