Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Puerto Rico vs Mexico as existing as East Euros vs American?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
    PR-Mex is not only the biggest and most storied rivalry in boxing.... but you could make a case for it being the biggest international rivalry in any sport. Can't say for sure, because I know there's some huge rivalries involving sports like soccer and rugby. In baseball it's PR-DR. Although for individual sports, it's still the PR-Mex boxing rivalry.
    Puerto Rico-Mexico boxing rivalry is up there with Argentina-Brazil in soccer, USA-Canada in hockey, Yankees-Red Sox in baseball its up there.

I'm Puerto Rican but I am a boxing fan first. I love my Mexicans peeps just like I love the rest of the world, unfortunately they do the national angle to sell the event. At the end of the day it's not about who's the better country, it's about the sport growing and everybody having great memories to add to the chapter of Mexico-PR.

I read some posters post the most idiotic racist crap on here. Those guys are not boxing fans

Comment

No, PR vs MX is not as existing or exciting as east euro vs American, it's not even close. The PR vs Mexico rivalry actually exists, where the east euro vs us... I'm not sure it's even a real thing in boxing. As far as excitement with PR vs Mexico rivalry, it's also a no contest. PR vs Mexico rivalry has too much history with exciting fights for east euro vs America to compete against.

Comment

The only other that is starting to get exciting is Philippines/Mexico. But I don't see much other. The whole Europe can't count because there will be an inner rivalry within their respective nationalism

Comment

Working...
        X