Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Nike commercial with Kobe Bryant, Manny Pacquiao, Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FasTHarD View Post
    Are you jealous again?
    You must be higher than your avatar if you think I'm jealous of Packy.

I pray for him.

Comment

marquez is great? says who?
      check all sports headline.. it has pacquiao's name all over..

Comment

Originally posted by dugongpinoy View Post
        marquez is great? says who?
        check all sports headline.. it has pacquiao's name all over..

LOL, of course it is...he JUST fought 2 days ago. Thats normal.
        Wait till Marquez fights Mayweather, thats gonna be a true extravaganza. Packy is like a flea on JMM's balls and whenever Packy mans up and fights JMM again, JMM will scratch him off.

And everyone says Marquez is great. He's a legend. Maybe the best Mexican fighter of all time.

Packy betrayed the filipinos for doing that commercial. A true peoples champion would never be a stooge for corporate exploiters like Nike.

Comment

what is with you and nike or big companies?

ever heard of NAFTA it basically killed the manufacturing jobs in USA
          when companies move to Mexico..

Comment

what is with you and nike or big companies?

ever heard of NAFTA it basically killed the manufacturing jobs in USA
            when companies move to Mexico..
            Exactly!! So why are you disagreeing with me?? NAFTA is designed to turn the U.S into a third world country. Thats my point.
            I'm trying to lift people out of that.

Comment

although i live in USA, i am a pinoy.. so i dont mind some jobs from USA that goes to philippines..

Comment

Originally posted by The Dapeedreean View Post
                I wonder if Manny knows that Nike exploits slave labor all over the third world including the phillipines...what a dumbass for agreeing to work with those *******s.
                It's very prevalent that you know nothing about international business and markets. First of all, the governments of each country that Nike is in allows Nike to house their production. Second, the government/country uses Nike to boost up their GDP and also, make that country look more porsperous to attract more business from other wealthy countries. Third, Nike doesn't force ANYBODY to work for them. The people that work, choose to work for Nike. Fourth, if Nike starts paying those workers the same minimum wage the U.S. pays its workers, then that country's economy will be inflated and would not show their true economic value, hence why the U.S. dollar is strong against all other currency (except the Euro or the Pound). Fifth, Manny gives/donates millions of dollars (not Pesos) for all the poor Filipinos that need it.

So, stop all this nonsense about Nike and any other international company who's giving poorer countries a job and a higher standard of living. The only gripe I have about this are the working conditions of some of the factories, but most of them are way better than other domestic companies who employ workers in their own country.

Learn before you spit out bull**** that you see from watching TV.

Comment

Originally posted by LetMeWin View Post
                  It's very prevalent that you know nothing about international business and markets. First of all, the governments of each country that Nike is in allows Nike to house their production. Second, the government/country uses Nike to boost up their GDP and also, make that country look more porsperous to attract more business from other wealthy countries. Third, Nike doesn't force ANYBODY to work for them. The people that work, choose to work for Nike. Fourth, if Nike starts paying those workers the same minimum wage the U.S. pays its workers, then that country's economy will be inflated and would not show their true economic value, hence why the U.S. dollar is strong against all other currency (except the Euro or the Pound). Fifth, Manny gives/donates millions of dollars (not Pesos) for all the poor Filipinos that need it.

So, stop all this nonsense about Nike and any other international company who's giving poorer countries a job and a higher standard of living. The only gripe I have about this are the working conditions of some of the factories, but most of them are way better than other domestic companies who employ workers in their own country.
                  Your understanding of inflation is hilarious. The reason their currency is **** is not because of what they pay labor. Its because their currency is debased by inflation.
                  Learn before you spit out bull**** that you see from watching TV.
                  I dont watch t.v.
                  If you think that slavery is a high standard of living thats your problem. The truth is that the IMF and World Bank have that country so deep in debt from bad loans they were forced to accept that they have no choice but to take anything that corporate giants like NIKE give them to pay off the debt.
                  The people that work dont choose to work for NIKE because they want to, its because there is no jobs and thus they are forced to work for NIKE for lack of choice. So its not a choice at all.
                  Your understanding of inflation is hilarious. The reason their currency is **** is not because of what they pay labor. Its because their currency is debased by inflation and all their real assets are owned by the banks and foreign governments.
                  If you think its ok to prey on defenseless countries by exploiting them just say that. Don't try to explain it away with your pseudo economics that you dont even seem to understand yourself.
                  You're the one regurgitating things you've seen on tv pal, not me.

Comment

although i live in USA, i am a pinoy.. so i dont mind some jobs from USA that goes to philippines..
                    NAFTA doesnt send jobs to the phillipines, its U.S, Mejico and Canada. And these trade agreements dont help anyone but the governments and corporations that consolidate power.

They rob countries of their economic independence so they can never develop their own industries.

Its a recipe for creating a global slave class. As you can see, with the unemployment #'s and decaying economy here and around the world its working.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dapeedreean View Post
                      I dont watch t.v.
                      If you think that slavery is a high standard of living thats your problem. The truth is that the IMF and World Bank have that country so deep in debt from bad loans they were forced to accept that they have no choice but to take anything that corporate giants like NIKE give them to pay off the debt.
                      The people that work dont choose to work for NIKE because they want to, its because there is no jobs and thus they are forced to work for NIKE for lack of choice. So its not a choice at all.
                      Your understanding of inflation is hilarious. The reason their currency is **** is not because of what they pay labor. Its because their currency is debased by inflation and all their real assets are owned by the banks and foreign governments.
                      If you think its ok to prey on defenseless countries by exploiting them just say that. Don't try to explain it away with your pseudo economics that you dont even seem to understand yourself.
                      You're the one regurgitating things you've seen on tv pal, not me.
                      Interesting, because I was never talking about slavery. Nike and all those other countries outsource not mainly because of the debt, it's because it's a lot cheaper to employ those workers. Let's say Nike and all those companies just left. What then? I've lived a few years in the Philippines because that's where my heritage is. A lot of people I met there are happy that these American companies are there because it's extremely hard to get a job. When a person is hired, they sign a contract stating how long they have that job, so they don't have a stable income. I know this because my cousin used to work for ABS-CBN under contract. If you don't watch TV, then how did you assume that Nike and all of these companies are exploiting these so called 'defenseless' countries into slavery? I know what I'm talking about from experience. And yes, the working conditions are not favorable, but if you look the domestic companies in China, and they way they treat their workers, it's a bit worse than the way Nike and other companies. I'm not saying what you're saying if false or not, it's just that I get really annoyed when someone is saying that Nike and other companies are treating workers in other companies like slaves, because I know they're not. I'm also not naive to the fact that there are some companies out there that do treat the workers like crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X