No announcement yet.

Clottey: "There’s no way he’s chasing me around the ring"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
    Clottey is bigger than Cotto or DLH, much bigger than Hatton, can take a better punch than any of those three. I am a huge Paq fan, but this will not be an easy fight.
    how is Clottey bigger than Oscar?

DLH won a title at 154 lbs and 160 lbs, Joshua won't go up past 147 lbs, Oscar's also taller and has a longer reach

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post

DLH won a title at 154 lbs and 160 lbs, Joshua won't go up past 147 lbs, Oscar's also taller and has a longer reach
      Clottey used to fight at 154.

Comment

clottey could cause an upset, he's a beast and i dont believe pac will get to him, I think clottey will try and rough manny up with his huge head and try to use his strength to out hustle manny. Then again manny keeps proving me wrong and i dont fancy betting against him again.

Comment

The ref stops this in the 8th or 9th. Clottey has no answers for Pacquiao other than being durable. If he wasn't so durable I'd predict a stoppage in the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post

Look back to Clottey-Corrales. The fight was at 147, Clotteys unofficial fight night weight was 170 pounds. Just because Josh hasnt gone above 147 doesnt mean he couldnt. As long as he can cut to 147, why shouldnt he. There are bigger fights at 147 than there are at 154 or 160. That is why PW is coming back to 147. As for Oscar fighting at 160, how did that work out. He robbed Sturm and suffered his only KO loss to that point in his career at the hands of Bhop. Clottey is a huge welterweight.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by No1 View Post
              clottey could cause an upset, he's a beast and i dont believe pac will get to him, I think clottey will try and rough manny up with his huge head and try to use his strength to out hustle manny. Then again manny keeps proving me wrong and i dont fancy betting against him again.
              Nothing against Josh, Paq is my favorite fighter and he should outbox Josh, but it not beyond belief that Josh could win. I have thought for several years, especially since he fought Margo, that Josh is underated and under apreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter Punch View Post
                The ref stops this in the 8th or 9th. Clottey has no answers for Pacquiao other than being durable. If he wasn't so durable I'd predict a stoppage in the 4th.
                yep. his durability will keep him in the fight. unfortunately, he just doesn't do enough to be able to win this.

really the only chance i give him to win, is by cutting manny, and the fight having to be stopped on cuts. for clottey, it better be a punch tho, cuz if its a butt, and the fight goes to the cards, clottey will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
                  If you read my posts you will see that I am what some on here call a "*******". Paq is my favorite fighter, but no way does he bust up Clottey the way he did his last three opponents. Clottey is simply tougher and able to take more than they were, and part of that is due to his size. If you read my posts, you will see that I am pulling for Paq to win, and if he sticks to his game he should win, but it will be his hardest fight since he started moving up in weight.
                  The reason your bigging up Clottey so much is because you're a, "*******".

You want people to think this will be a tough fight for Pac, so that when Pac beats him to a pulp, you can come out and say, "WOW! Look what he did!".

The fact is, Clottey is a good fighter but style match up wise, this suits Pacquiao down to a tee.

The only people not thinking Pac won't win one sidedly are *******s and Clottey fans.

Comment

Clottey will look better then Oscar, Cotto or Hatton the problem is his activity i don't see him winning a decision at all, i think he will give pac a few problems tho.

Comment

Wrong

Originally posted by - JCHING - View Post
                      The reason your bigging up Clottey so much is because you're a, "*******".

You want people to think this will be a tough fight for Pac, so that when Pac beats him to a pulp, you can come out and say, "WOW! Look what he did!".

The fact is, Clottey is a good fighter but style match up wise, this suits Pacquiao down to a tee.

The only people not thinking Pac won't win one sidedly are *******s and Clottey fans.
                      I would have told you the same thing about Clottey several years ago before Paq started moving up in weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X