No announcement yet.

Any fighter podcast that I'm missing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fighter podcast that I'm missing?

I'm a podcast 'hoor & recently have gotten interested in listening to more fighters or just others with more intimate knowledge talking about fighting & the business of fighting among other things. Here's the list I have complied & listen to regularly. Anyone you know of or would recommend thats not on my list?

Joe Rogan Experience (MMA commentator)
    Fighter & the Kid (host: Brendan Schaub, MMA fighter, 10-5, retired 2015)
    Paulie Malignaggi: From Brooklyn to the World (boxer, 35-7, active)
    You're Welcome (host: Chael Sonnen, MMA fighter, 29-14-1, retired 2013)
    Box'N Life (host: Tony Jeffries, boxer, 9-0-1, retired 2011)
    Lets Get It On (host: John McCarthy, MMA ref)
    Bread & Red: Real Boxing Talk (hosts: Stephen "Breadman" Edwards & Jacqui “Red” Spikes, boxing trainers)
    The Undercard: Hand Combat Radio (hosts: Anthony Barnes, boxer, 8-0, active & Javan "Sugar" Hill, boxing trainer)
    Phone Booth Fighting (host: Frank Mir, MMA fighter, 18-11, active)
    Its Time (host: Bruce Buffer, MMA announcer)
    Miesha Tate Show (MMA fighter, 18-5, active)
    Morning Wood with Deez Nuts (hosts: Tyron Woodley, MMA fighter, 15-3, active & Din Thomas, MMA fighter, 26-9, retired 2013)
    Rutten And Ranallo (hosts: Bas Rutten, MMA fighter, 28-4-1, retired 2006 & Mauro Ranallo, boxing & MMA commentator)
    Jon Anik and Kenny Florian Podcast (hosts: Anik, MMA commentator & Florian, MMA fighter, 14-6, retired 2011)
    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-30-2016, 07:19 AM.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'm a podcast 'hoor & recently have gotten interested in listening to more fighters or just others with more intimate knowledge talking about fighting & the business of fighting among other things. Here's the list I have complied & listen to regularly. Anyone you know of or would recommend thats not on my list?

Paulie Malignaggi: From Brooklyn to the World (boxer, 35-7, active)
    You're Welcome (host: Chael Sonnen, MMA fighter, 29-14-1, retired 2013)
    Lets Get It On (host: John McCarthy, MMA ref)
    Bread & Red: Real Boxing Talk (hosts: Stephen "Breadman" Edwards & Jacqui “Red” Spikes, boxing trainers)
    The Undercard: Hand Combat Radio (hosts: Anthony Barnes, boxer, 8-0, active & Javan "Sugar" Hill, boxing trainer)
    Miesha Tate Show (MMA fighter, 18-5, active)
    Morning Wood with Deez Nuts (hosts: Tyron Woodley, MMA fighter, 15-3, active & Din Thomas, MMA fighter, 26-9, retired 2013)
    Frontrowbrian has one podcast which has some decent episodes. You just need to check what guest is on and what he has said they spoke about in the podcast when he drops it.

I listen to Fighter and the Kid regularly and I have to admit, it's gone to ****. It was excellent when Brendan was fighting because we'd get a ton of new insight into his camp and communication with MMA personalities. It has way too many ads, too many filler bits and feels really played out at this point. Brendan thinks he knows it all and Bryan seems to not be as enthusiastic and always has to go philosophy mode, ever listen to his podcast? It sucked HARD. It's good when they have guests on usually.

Boxtalk does a weekly podcast on their youtube channel, explains all the goings on in the world of Boxing...mainly matchup focused.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      Frontrowbrian has one podcast which has some decent episodes. You just need to check what guest is on and what he has said they spoke about in the podcast when he drops it.
      I may or may not have listened to this one. He's on Chael's podcast a lot & I follow his twitter cuz he's a guy who seems on top of random **** thats happening more than most. I'll re-check this podcast out.

I listen to Fighter and the Kid regularly and I have to admit, it's gone to ****. It was excellent when Brendan was fighting because we'd get a ton of new insight into his camp and communication with MMA personalities. It has way too many ads, too many filler bits and feels really played out at this point. Brendan thinks he knows it all and Bryan seems to not be as enthusiastic and always has to go philosophy mode, ever listen to his podcast? It sucked HARD. It's good when they have guests on usually.
      Yea it does seem like its gone downhill a little. Seemed like Bryan missed a lot of episodes for awhile to. Was wondering what was up with that cuz without Bryan there its just not the same. Definitely a lot of ads, but tbh I kinda like the ads on their show cuz they make them fun or at least as fun as you can make an ad. And for sure it was better when Brendan was fighting, but the #1 appeal of their podcast to me is their chemistry. These two just flow together better than virtually any 2+ host podcast I listen to. And yea this is one of those podcasts that is more active than others so I kinda do a guest check to see if I wanna listen or if they is no guest I'll often just pass if there is nothing going on that I wanna hear them talking about.

Boxtalk does a weekly podcast on their youtube channel, explains all the goings on in the world of Boxing...mainly matchup focused.
      I probably follow these guys unless their new. I used to get my fill of boxing info from YouTube, but within the last 2 or so years I've gone the podcast route cuz there is just so much garbage to sort thru on YT & so many 3 min videos of barely nothing to watch or 15 min videos of clickbait & all that. I've found podcasts to be a better use of my time & you usually find more concentrated sources of good info & more solid content.

Comment

I may or may not have listened to this one. He's on Chael's podcast a lot & I follow his twitter cuz he's a guy who seems on top of random **** thats happening more than most. I'll re-check this podcast out.

Yea it does seem like its gone downhill a little. Seemed like Bryan missed a lot of episodes for awhile to. Was wondering what was up with that cuz without Bryan there its just not the same. Definitely a lot of ads, but tbh I kinda like the ads on their show cuz they make them fun or at least as fun as you can make an ad. And for sure it was better when Brendan was fighting, but the #1 appeal of their podcast to me is their chemistry. These two just flow together better than virtually any 2+ host podcast I listen to. And yea this is one of those podcasts that is more active than others so I kinda do a guest check to see if I wanna listen or if they is no guest I'll often just pass if there is nothing going on that I wanna hear them talking about.

I probably follow these guys unless their new. I used to get my fill of boxing info from YouTube, but within the last 2 or so years I've gone the podcast route cuz there is just so much garbage to sort thru on YT & so many 3 min videos of barely nothing to watch or 15 min videos of clickbait & all that. I've found podcasts to be a better use of my time & you usually find more concentrated sources of good info & more solid content.
        It depends, I don't really like him as a host, he seems better as a guest...FRB that is. It may interest you, it depends and yeah he is that dude that comes on Chaels podcast.

Bryan went on holiday so he missed a few. They do have good chemistry but they just don't listen to their audience it seems. Episode start off with Bryan screaming into the mic with some **** song. The ads were cool for a while but at this point they are longing each ad segment out too much and with them adding more ad segments it gets hard to listen to.

I don't really watch much YouTube Boxing videos unless they are at least 10 minutes long because anything shorter makes it seem as though they just want to cram in any little bit of news without any proper insight or delving into the topic rather than skimming the exterior.

Oh I forgot, my FAVOURITE Boxing podcast out there right now is the Three Knockdown Rule which is hosted by Mario Lopez and Max.

Comment

Oh I forgot, my FAVOURITE Boxing podcast out there right now is the Three Knockdown Rule which is hosted by Mario Lopez and Max.
          3 Knockdown Rule isn't my favorite, but its in my top ten. And oh man don't get me started on boxing podcasts lol. I got an insane list of boxing (& MMA) podcasts, I just wish there were more podcasts by boxers out there. Lotsa MMA guys are doing podcasts since the Fighter & the Kid got out there more it seems like. But only like 3 boxers are doing podcasts that I'm aware of (all listed above obviously).

Comment

3 Knockdown Rule isn't my favorite, but its in my top ten. And oh man don't get me started on boxing podcasts lol. I got an insane list of boxing (& MMA) podcasts, I just wish there were more podcasts by boxers out there. Lotsa MMA guys are doing podcasts since the Fighter & the Kid got out there more it seems like. But only like 3 boxers are doing podcasts that I'm aware of (all listed above obviously).
            MMA guys get paid less than the top boxers so they have to look at other avenues in order to make good $. Podcasting is a way, provided you are good at it.

Boxing in general seems to be behind the curve in a lot of new media. The UFC actively pushes for it's athletes to be active on social media, even pays the guy who they deem to be the best at it each year I think. Look at the top MMA channels, their production when it comes to the covering the sport is excellent. Examples are MMAFighting, Karynbryant, Hdnet/AXSnetfights, MMAJunkie and so on. Compare these guys to the Boxing folk like ESNEWS (Elie Sechbach), wtf this dude has the best access in Boxing but asks LAME questions, doesn't know how to conduct a proper interview, has a camera from 2002 it seems like. Just really unprofessional and makes it tough for new fans or casuals to follow. The hardcores will watch a lot and go through a lot of ****ty coverage for some good info but they are a minority.

Comment

MMA guys get paid less than the top boxers so they have to look at other avenues in order to make good $. Podcasting is a way, provided you are good at it.

Boxing in general seems to be behind the curve in a lot of new media. The UFC actively pushes for it's athletes to be active on social media, even pays the guy who they deem to be the best at it each year I think. Look at the top MMA channels, their production when it comes to the covering the sport is excellent. Examples are MMAFighting, Karynbryant, Hdnet/AXSnetfights, MMAJunkie and so on. Compare these guys to the Boxing folk like ESNEWS (Elie Sechbach), wtf this dude has the best access in Boxing but asks LAME questions, doesn't know how to conduct a proper interview, has a camera from 2002 it seems like. Just really unprofessional and makes it tough for new fans or casuals to follow. The hardcores will watch a lot and go through a lot of ****ty coverage for some good info but they are a minority.
              Tend to agree with most of your take. I think boxing fans generally being older than MMA fans plays into it all too. Generally the older the person the less into new technology or new trends they are. Therefore less boxing fans are listening to podcasts so less boxing podcasts come into being.

And for sure there is a lot of garbage out there with boxing media. Like I said thats basically why I quit frequenting YT for boxing content. Theres some good stuff out there. Radio Rahim is solid. Kugan Cassius humanizes boxers & boxing people like no one in the business today (as an American I wish there was a US version of Kugan). And there are a few guys who do amazing fight breakdowns like Wilson Kayden (although I seem to recall hearing that he quit or went on hiatus so that may not be the case any longer), but largely its garbage & for me virtually unwatchable due to all the garbage sorting & the lack of meaningful content of respectable length.

Comment

Tend to agree with most of your take. I think boxing fans generally being older than MMA fans plays into it all too. Generally the older the person the less into new technology or new trends they are. Therefore less boxing fans are listening to podcasts so less boxing podcasts come into being.

And for sure there is a lot of garbage out there with boxing media. Like I said thats basically why I quit frequenting YT for boxing content. Theres some good stuff out there. Radio Rahim is solid. Kugan Cassius humanizes boxers & boxing people like no one in the business today (as an American I wish there was a US version of Kugan). And there are a few guys who do amazing fight breakdowns like Wilson Kayden (although I seem to recall hearing that he quit or went on hiatus so that may not be the case any longer), but largely its garbage & for me virtually unwatchable due to all the garbage sorting & the lack of meaningful content of respectable length.
                Radio Rahim is a good interviewer. Seems professional but i'd love to see him get some exclusives and travel to get some sitdown interviews like Ariel Helwani does in MMA. Marcos Villegas is probably my favourite interviewer, he has good production on his videos and is professional. If only these guys could get more exclusives, sitdown interviews and so on. I like Kugan, his sit down interviews with Eddie Hearn/Tyson Fury are awesome.

Comment

Updated list as a bunch of MMA fighter podcasts have come out in the last 8 or so months.

You're Welcome (host: Chael Sonnen, MMA fighter, 29-14-1)
                  NEW UFC Unfiltered (host: Matt Serra, MMA fighter, 11-7, retired 2010)
                  Paulie Malignaggi: From Brooklyn to the World (boxer, 36-7, active)

NEW Beyond The Fight (host: Chael Sonnen, MMA fighter, 29-14-1)

Rutten And Ranallo (hosts: Bas Rutten, MMA fighter, 28-4-1, retired 2006 & Mauro Ranallo, boxing & MMA commentator)
                  NEW Hands On Podcast (hosts: Jim Miller, MMA fighter, 28-8, active & Dan Miller, MMA fighter, 14-8, active?)
                  NEW A Fighters Mindset (host: Charlie Brenneman, MMA fighter, 19-8, retired 2014)
                  NEW Lineup MMA (hosts: Ben Askren, MMA fighter, 15-0, active & Joe Warren, MMA fighter, 14-6, active)
                  Jon Anik and Kenny Florian Podcast (hosts: Anik, MMA commentator & Florian, MMA fighter, 14-6, retired 2011)
                  Morning Wood with Deez Nuts (hosts: Tyron Woodley, MMA fighter, 16-3-1, active & Din Thomas, MMA fighter, 26-9, retired 2013)
                  NEW P4P Podcast (host: Sam Alvey, MMA fighter, 29-8, active)
                  NEW About Nashville (host: Mike Rodgers, boxer, 25-2, retired 2002)
                  Miesha Tate Show (MMA fighter, 18-7, retired 2016)
                  NEW Donald Cerrone Podcast (MMA fighter, 32-7, active)
                  NEW Storytime with Uncle Creepy (host: Ian McCall, MMA fighter, 13-5-1, active)

Comment

Working...
                  X