Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Ward-stans want GGG to move up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    For the same reasons all you guys want Floyd, Broner, and Danny Garcia to move up.
    I'm sorry what? Who is asking for Floyd Broner or Danny to move up?

Floyd hit his limit at JMW, Broner convinently skipped 140 to fight Paulie at 147 then got promptly kicked to 140. Danny is about to fight his second fight at WW.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Dirk is absolutely correct. Both should evenetually move up but the Ward/GGG should happen before Ward/kovalev.

I wouldn't say GGG fans are scared of a Ward fight, but they do seem very worried.

Comment

I'd take either of those fights. I'd take Ward getting in the ring with anyone at this point.

Comment

We want GGG to move up when the fight has totally seasoned.

GGG needs to beat Cotto, Than Canelo. That will increase the buyrate of Ward vs GGG then if GGG wants he can have a Tune-up fight with Chavez unless he has eaten himself out of the Weight class. Then the fight can happen. A PPV showdown between SOG and GGG

1.9 Million buys, Guaranteed.

Comment

Because it's an intriguing match up that is unlikely to ever happen after Ward moves up. Not really sure why most Ward fans appear to be petrified of a CW though, their guy has every advantage imaginable except for power.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              For the same reasons all you guys want Floyd, Broner, and Danny Garcia to move up.
              This is an almost identical situation to a few years ago when a lot of people wanted Floyd to fight Sergio Martinez at 154.

Mayweather fanatics literally pissed their pants and kept urging Sergio to go up to 168.

Golovkin's fans are doing the exact same thing now with Ward.

Comment

Wards trainer said ward needs 3 tune ups before ggg

Yet ward fans ignore this...

Comment

Neither guy HAS to move up imo. The only reason either guy should test the waters at a higher weight is when neither can get a respectable opponent at their current weight. Ward has less options than GGG atm because DeGale/Groves/Dirrell bros are tied up, and because HBO is penny-pinching.

Comment

I wonder who would it be easier to move up for one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Wards trainer said ward needs 3 tune ups before ggg

Yet ward fans ignore this...
                      So Ward can fight 3 tuneups and GGG can fight Lemiieux, Canelo and Chavez. Let's shoot for late 2016.

Comment

Working...
                      X