Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the hype over George Groves? who has he beaten?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the hype over George Groves? who has he beaten?

Why are people acting like this guy is some kind of world beater? please educate me

Educating you, is like talking to a wall.

It's pointless and boring.

Comment

I don't need to know who he has beaten to acknowledge he's a pretty crafty and at times technically sound 168 lb fighter, you can tell he's one of the better fighters in that division from a skill-set stand point.

But unfortunately it's the intangibles that he lacks that lost him both fights with Froch. And being a bit fragile is at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        I don't need to know who he has beaten to acknowledge he's a pretty crafty and at times technically sound 168 lb fighter, you can tell he's one of the better fighters in that division from a skill-set stand point.

But unfortunately it's the intangibles that he lacks that lost him both fights with Froch. And being a bit fragile is at the top of the list.
        Being crafty and skilled only matters when you can be crafty and skilled and win at the top level man

Comment

He isn't a proven world-beater. He's a young guy who surprised an established champion in their first meeting, would probably be considered good looking by most standards (and definitely by ugly ass boxing standards), was previously undefeated, controversial endings, domestic rivalry, etc. All the makings of a big rematch.

It was more the potential he had of becoming a big star in a strong division if he won this fight.

Now that he lost that momentum people will suddenly look at his resume and realize he has a ways to go.

Comment

george groves is a decent fighter. he might make something out of himself in the future but as of right now he isn't considered a great fighter or top quality.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Why are people acting like this guy is some kind of world beater? please educate me
              The hype comes from how good he looked against Froch for 6 rds before getting stopped the first time.

Comment

larry go jerk off to a floyd fight you clown.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Being crafty and skilled only matters when you can be crafty and skilled and win at the top level man
                  I'm just saying, the tools are there and you can tell just by watching one fight.

And no shame in losing to Carl Froch, the guy is a nightmare at the Super Middle Weight division for anybody not named Andre Ward.

Comment

Andre Ward is on record saying Grooves is a great elite fighter and will beat froch.

Just saying doe.

Comment

Working...
                    X