• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow now people who know what there talking about are posting thanks
    the game needs more minds like you teaching this sport

Comment

Originally posted by nairbon357 View Post
      replace your feet after a couple of punch,....
      your feet should be a correct position after EVERY punch otherwise you limit your ability to correctly throw the next one/move off/stay on balance

Comment

Handful of Great Cuban Pros...

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
        the reason most people tense up in the ring is because they are worried about getting hit, not afraid mind you but to concerned. when you step in the ring know that you are going to get hit and dont worry about it. before you work out try picture in your mind you moving fast and smooth in your own way. shadowboxing is the closest to fighting without fighting because you are training you body how to move and react and it becomes muscle memory and second nature. 95% of people in the gym do not shadowbox enough because you don't get the satisfaction of hitting something, i train my fighters the cuban way and that means shadowboxing 10-20 rounds and everything else 2-3 rounds each. hitting things gives some fighters a false sence of security and disrupts thier balance and stops them from truly mastering thier body. and remember do no "try" "DO" because when you try you can fail but you cannot fail when you simply just "DO". never stay stationary always move something, if your feet arn't moving move your torso and if your torso isn't moving move your head. be UNPREDICTABLE ALWAYS, change the angle, speed and power of your punches when working out or in the ring. keep your opponent gussing until it too late for him. never worry about losing or looking stupid to others because this is a personal journey of self-discovery
        I guess if your trying to build great amateurs, that's a great way to train. I agree

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
          I guess if your trying to build great amateurs, that's a great way to train. I agree
          Ok barry you are right but just some food for thought,

1) The skill level of most for the boxers seeking advice or pointers on this site are beginner to basic.

2) If a boxer is a great amateur odds are good that he will be a good pro.

3) I dont know too many good pros that are going to seek advice on a boxing website because they normally have the basics down already coupled with thier genetics and work habits is what makes them a good pro in the first place.

4) Thanks for the input

Comment

Awesome thread. I've totally undervalued shadow boxing.

Comment

Working...
            X