No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Yes, and the irony was that this was allegedly going to be the mega fight that should have been. The 'corrected' mega fight. But it didn't really live up to the hype for casuals. And of course, I heard a few casuals talking about it during fight week. Kinda feel bad.
    Both mega fights this year were chess matches. I knew this fight wasn't going to end with a ko.

When you step up your competition, it's hard to get a ko.

Plus both guys were showing each other respect in the ring.

Comment

• They were both pretty evenly matched, people expected a beating?

Canelo won pretty soundly and he was better on the championship rounds. No way Cotto won more than 5 rounds and I'm being generous with 5.

I had that shit 8-4 Canelo. Also Cotto is a piss poor loser man, that's really distasteful.

Comment

• Did anyone else notice that this win over Cotto put Canelo at the #1 P4P spot on BoxRec?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
          Did anyone else notice that this win over Cotto put Canelo at the #1 P4P spot on BoxRec?
          No. But judging by the score cards I'm not surprised. The boxing world desperately wants another mayweather. I damn shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            They booed during the cotto/canelo fight?
            I recall there being a little booing at some quieter points during the fight.

Comment

I recall there being a little booing at some quieter points during the fight.
              Lol u lost a bet?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                Lol u lost a bet?
                Rofl yeah..

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  bandido!!! What a warrior, great fight & comeback!!!
                  That was a brutal display of toughness and heart by both warriors

Comment

Did anyone else notice that this win over Cotto put Canelo at the #1 P4P spot on BoxRec?
                    LOL so much butthurt. How much real money did you lose on this fight? Be honest

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      That was a brutal display of toughness and heart by both warriors
                      oh mean... oh man that eye was terrible!!! I'm glad he stuck it out not like uh... whats his name that fought thurman... collazo... man bandido's eye was ALOT WORSE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X