No announcement yet.

The types of people at the boxing gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
    No one ever meet the cool guys that are humble and actually really gd at boxing???
    There's a handful at my gym, they'll also go out of their way to give pointers to beginners and tell people what they're doing wrong without coming off as offensive

Great people imo

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      1) The guy who shadow boxes/warms up in a baseball hat, worse yet you have those who train in durags. Really irks me for some reason, but I get it it's their choice.
      I could see a du-rag depending on how long your hair is, but baseball caps look a little douchey. But who am I to judge...

Comment

Not exactly at the gym, but at the running track I always see people that take 20 minutes to warm up/stretch only to run for like 5 minutes and cool down for another 20 by taking a walk or sitting on the sidelines.
        Last edited by Box-Office; 01-31-2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Types Of people at Gym

yes there are different types of people in the Gym, Some talks too much and practice very rare, some just try to impress others by lifting heavy weights but I like the people who just for practice and workout hard with little chat with others around him.

Comment

I'm thinking of joining a boxing gym. What's it like?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              I'm thinking of joining a boxing gym. What's it like?
              They're not going to throw you in with their ABA champion for a spar session after signing up. It starts from the very basics.

Comment

What about the waste of talent. A really talented dude who for whatever reason stops going or doesn't take it seriously. I see that all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                  No one ever meet the cool guys that are humble and actually really gd at boxing???
                  y'all haven't met me doe

Comment

The Ali - the guy who obviously idolizes the greatest and fights with his hands down.

The iron mike - the usually short stocky guy who comes in bobbing and weaving with more hooks than a tackle box.

The boxing fan - The guy who knows all the goss in the boxing world, upcoming fights etc. never fights himself but is mezmorised by the sport so he enjoys the atmosphere in the gym.

The poser - The guy who constantly is checking himself out in the mirror, had this one guy at my old gym who was really bad at this, he used too hit the bag and look at himself hitting the bag in the mirror across the other side of the gym lol.

The lone wolf - Serious, not there to talk, just to get the job done, is usually highly dedicated and skilled in his craft, doesnt turn up to social events, only there to fight.

The favourate - Usually in a gym there is the coaches favourate fighter and it shows, he gets majority of the attention and is regarded high up in the gym. Young fighters try and emulate his style.

thats it for now

Comment

Working...
                    X