No announcement yet.

B-Hopkins drops some gems of boxing knowledge in this interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    Going out swinging actually what got maidana the victory(altho not official) to a lot of people

And dunno if you noticed in the zab fight,but he was successful when he initiated the attack & vice versa...also, he got gunshy with the pullcounter knowing he might be colliding with the left straight...which forced him to reset..he will get outworked if he is going to wait to counter most of the fight....

if Floyd does what he always does vs southpaws he is gonna get hit cleanly more than he's ever been hit before..
    once again with these stupid morale victories....oh he troubled him...oh he won some rounds

did Maidana win? no

did Judah win? no

Mayweather won both fights clear and both had to resort to roughhouse, illegal tactics out of frustration...you need to get your eyes checked if you think either of them won....the closest card would read 7-5 for Judah or maidana and that's giving them the close rounds

both were lucky to even win a round past round 6

Floyd don't even use the pull counter on southpaws....he uses more lead rights, check hooks while pivoting to the outside of the lead foot of his opponent and he throws more body shots

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      once again with these stupid morale victories....oh he troubled him...oh he won some rounds

did Maidana win? no

did Judah win? no

Mayweather won both fights clear and both had to resort to roughhouse, illegal tactics out of frustration...you need to get your eyes checked if you think either of them won....the closest card would read 7-5 for Judah or maidana and that's giving them the close rounds

both were lucky to even win a round past round 6

Floyd don't even use the pull counter on southpaws....he uses more lead rights, check hooks while pivoting to the outside of the lead foot of his opponent and he throws more body shots
      what , you hate that some people believe floyd got beat by maidana in a close fight?..when even the VEGAS decision justifies that belief

..and I was simply responding with what you said about going out swing is a bad habit coz that obviously was not the case with the maidana fight..

..and who said Judah won?...what could you base a prediction on without fights like these?..zab was brought to the camp for a reason..

..regarding the pullcounter I agree and that's his bread and butter too so theres already one expected to be missing meaning his counterpunching ability will be dimished..lots of leadrights true , check hooks but how often do you see floyd initiating the attack?...we already know that pac aint gonna hesitate the attack like Judah did...

and this aint even including his shoulder roll defense that he will not be able to use...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        what , you hate that some people believe floyd got beat by maidana in a close fight?..when even the VEGAS decision justifies that belief

..and I was simply responding with what you said about going out swing is a bad habit coz that obviously was not the case with the maidana fight..

..and who said Judah won?...what could you base a prediction on without fights like these?..zab was brought to the camp for a reason..

..regarding the pullcounter I agree and that's his bread and butter too so theres already one expected to be missing meaning his counterpunching ability will be dimished..lots of leadrights true , check hooks but how often do you see floyd initiating the attack?...we already know that pac aint gonna hesitate the attack like Judah did...

and this aint even including his shoulder roll defense that he will not be able to use...

I couldn't care less about Vegas or anyone else....its more profitable for may weather to get robbed or a majority Dec or split because of the possibility of a rematch

Just speaking personally i have been a fan since 3 years old, being involved in boxing, wrestling and martial arts since 10 and I'm 29, I don't need help scoring fights

Google my Ex trainer merhav mohar....trained me 2 years in atl

Maidana was competive

Judah was competitive

Fights are scored round by round...
        Not by punch stats, doing better than expected, or by ooo and aaahhh of the crowd

Folks on this site be on some straight moral victory crap

Only fight in mayweather career that was a true toss up was Castillo n he handled it clearly later....no need for trilogies when you perform that way

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAidMan View Post
          Anything can happen inside the ring and Its called a prediction.
          From your first post to this one is like holding up a white flag lol .

Comment

I couldn't care less about Vegas or anyone else....its more profitable for may weather to get robbed or a majority Dec or split because of the possibility of a rematch

Just speaking personally i have been a fan since 3 years old, being involved in boxing, wrestling and martial arts since 10 and I'm 29, I don't need help scoring fights

Maidana was competive

Judah was competitive

Not by punch stats, doing better than expected, or by ooo and aaahhh of the crowd

Only fight in mayweather career that was a true toss up was Castillo n he handled it clearly later....no need for trilogies when you perform that way
            I know you don't but do you think anyone else gives a **** about you giving or not giving a **** about?...NO!people have personal views , and floyd losing to maidana while going out there swinging is understandable in contrast to what YOU think, it is justified POV...

lol, Judah was competitive when he threw, he was just a mental midget that's all, lets keep it real!..lol

and sorry but don't give a **** about your trainer or your record, it aint got nothing to do with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              From your first post to this one is like holding up a white flag lol .
              white flags are for defensive f@660ts ducking fights for 6 years and only growing balls after the opponent has just been KTFO!

Comment

whats the big deal if someone makes a personal prediction regardless of how improbable it may be? we will all end up having to see the fight to see what really happens.

both fighter's fans are trying to convince each other that their fighter is so strong that the other guy has to beat him by doing something out of character. floyd fans say manny is fail, gonna get outboxed, he needs to not throw like maniac and be smart, etc. aka fight floyd's way and manny fans saying floyd gonna get outworked, needs to be offensive to win aka manny's way.

these dudes are going to fight their own styles in ways that highlight their strengths. sure anything is possible but surely these guys are not gonna show up on may 2 as something other than what they have been. floyd defensive, pounce on mistakes. manny takin hits to get his in.

Comment

Yea exhaustion is why you lost that fight. Sure guy. Tha atnd the fact Lomo was beating your face in that may have made you a bit tired as well.Dumb fawks always looking for an excuse this is boxing just admit you got your ass whooped and and ******* like me wouldn't have to point this all out

Comment

Maidana was competive

Judah was competitive

Fan of the sport since 3, involved in martial arts since the womb.

Uh oh, watch out we got a badass flomo over here.

Comment

Working...
                    X