No announcement yet.

Cotto targets Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldgringo
    It was hardly N'Dou's strength that gave Cotto trouble. It was his toughness and awkward brawling that gave Cotto the most trouble. Cotto was never hurt by N'Dou...I think he was surprised by a punch or two...but never hurt or in trouble.

That being said, Cotto is much more powerful than Hatton. We'll see Cotto easily carry his power all the way up to 160.
    If thats your opinion

I just think that Hatton's a big light welter, Strength is a big part of his game.

Cotto has often said he could get back down to lightweight and i have never seen him muscle someone. If he is strong, he doesnt show it.

Are you taking punching power? i agree that Cotto has impressive power.
    Last edited by elveiel; 12-09-2004, 02:23 PM.

Comment

man if cotto would fight hatton hed win because hatton doesent know how to cover up and evry time he would drop his gaurd cotto will lay combinations on his face all day

Comment

Originally posted by Prize_Fighter2K5
        man if cotto would fight hatton hed win because hatton doesent know how to cover up and evry time he would drop his gaurd cotto will lay combinations on his face all day
        Thats one of the worst reasoning i've heard for Cotto beating Hatton, Hatton covers up very well, i'd say his defence is a lot better than Cotto. At least Hatton slip punches and hold strong when the punches start coming at him.

Cotto needs to keep Hatton at a good distance and throw them really good combos he used to land. Cotto's problem is he's putting to much weight on, he needs to see a nutritionist and start picking up his hand speed or Hatton will just beat on him.

Comment

what like kostya was gonna nail hatton inside two like most predicted.

oh i see

cotto is really stretchin himself with his next defence huh, frikken Branco blokes ducked Witter 3 time in the past year and gets a shot?

sorry that is not good enough guy hasnt fought a top ten light welter yet so lets see how he goes then before making bold predictions shall we.
          Last edited by J !; 07-28-2005, 06:54 AM.

Comment

u dont know what ya talking about they couldnt live with hatton

Comment

Originally posted by mick1punch
              u dont know what ya talking about they couldnt live with hatton
              that directed at me? if so you should really understand the word sarcasm?

there was plenty of it in the above post. Cotto hasnt fought a genuine world class light welter yet and he should hurry up and do so before we start acclaiming him as the next sugar ray.

Personally i think he is struggling with the weight and will move up to welter within 12 months possibly after getting his ass kicked by hatton.
              Last edited by J !; 08-01-2005, 05:22 AM.

Comment

yeah right look what corley's punching did to cotto now imagine ricky's

Comment

Mybe not dude myabe naot. My take is that RH will totally crash cotto lie a bulldozer.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1
                    i dont think this fight will evert come off, hatton wont come here and cotto wont go there
                    As much as I know it would be the smart move for Cotto not to go on Hatton's turf, I can still see him going just because of his heart.

I just hope Cotto chooses not to.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jefe
                      yeah right look what corley's punching did to cotto now imagine ricky's
                      I cant agree with that seeing as how Corley landed alot of flush shots and the one shot that he threw that staggered Cotto was in the back of the head. A shot like that would get anyone dazed.

Muhammad Abdullaev has way more power than Corley IMO and Cotto took way better shots from him than Corley gave em'.

Comment

Working...
                      X